neděle 3. srpna 2014

Yau-Man, the Day After

length: 5:04

Yau-Man explains the difficulties of playing with other Favorites and how his reputation in Fiji, of being a 'Fan Favorite', may have been his undoing in the game. 

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

"This time from the getgo I was mentally prepared for the lack of food, the hunger, getting wet all the time, sleeping in the rain. Mentally, it was easier." 

(cut) 


"All of us in the favorite tribe had experience. We know what to do, we know what to expect. We all know we have to work together to cooperate and each one have our tasks and pick up whatever needs to be done so we don't have to go through the learning process of hey what do we need to do now, and figure things out. Immediately when we got to island we knew right away we needed to make a shelter. We had a shelter plan in mind and we were OK you go get wood and I'll go find vines to tie it. Everyone was very cooperative." 


(cut) 


"The game suddenly started a lot earlier than I thought it would. Everybody expected by the first day that everybody would have an alliance. I guess I did not think we would start that fast. I have some loose alliances I considered but other people have already pretty much as soon as they saw each other they made up their mind about who they wanna go with and how they wanna play the game." 


(cut) 


"Playing with the favorites was a lot more difficult because of this alliance everyone decides they seem to think they know each other so well. Oh I liked the way you played, oh I know how you played, I'm gonna hang with you. That was almost immediate as soon as they saw each other and was able to talk to each other."


(cut) 


"They think my reputation is if I form an alliance I will be very loyal to the alliance and I am very good at individual challenges and one we make it to the merge and I am on an individual challenge basis I will be very hard to beat. My reputation is also that I am quite a fan favorite and nobody would want to go up against me with the jury if there are any fan in the jury." 


(cut) 


"One of the fans made a big deal about how he thinks I am one of the best players, or someone said I was one of the most likeable players. I think that pretty much set me apart as a big target within my own tribe unless I am able to make a very firm alliance I know I am in trouble. Suddenly my favorite tribe was, 'A ha, I don't want to go up against him any further than I need to.' I could feel that. I was trying to talk to various of my favorite tribe but I don't think I got any traction with many of them. 


I was surprised to see Jonny Fairplay being on the same tribe as me. I was very surprised to see Jonathan Penner. Having watched their seasons I could see how they would be favorites, but I wouldn't call them favorites. I think they were the people who did the most damage to their tribes and maybe got the most viewer involvement whether being good or being bad but certainly being popular for their season. 


"I did not know Cirie very well. I have been trying to get to know her a little bit. That sort of backfired because I have not approached her until probably the second day. She felt she has been slighted. Jonathan came to me the first day when we were building the shelter and said hey we're the old guys here, why don't we get together at least initially. I thought that's a good idea. Certainly I did not have the confidence in him that I had in Earl in my season. By the time Cirie joined up with us she felt she'd been slighted because I didn't approach her on day one and she never got the trust I had with Earl." 


(cut) 


"The favorites who have played this game before, they definitely have the experience and have more, firmer mindset as to how they want to play the game. They probably have in mind what strategy they have in mind to succeed and go far and they will certainly be less flexible. They have their mind made how they want to play this game, so someone who doesn't agree with them, it's a lot more difficult to persuade. It's I've played this game before, this is how it got me far, I'm going to do it this way again." 


(cut) 


"Playing Survivor is fun, even though I got voted out so early, its still quite a fun experience. To get a second chance at it, yeah, I didn't make full use of that, I didn't step it up a few notches to play a second time, but yeah, it's been fun." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat