neděle 6. července 2014

What is Dreamteamer

Behind the scenes of Survivor China: What is Dreamteamer

Jeff Probst introduces the group of hard-working young people who test out all the Challenges before they are shot for the show.

Video:



Transcript (thanks to James Barber): 


Jeff: Hello. Just another behind the scenes on Survivor: China. One of the key jobs on our show is that of a dreamteamer. A dreamteamer is usually somebody in their early 20's. Each season we hire about 16-20 people. Without them we couldn't do the show. Rather than me tell you what a dreamteamer is, I'm gonna let the dreamteamers tell you themselves. 

<cut>

Jeff: Alex, you're a dreamteamer. Give me the lowdown - what does a dreamteamer do?

Alex: A dreamteamer is a crash test dummy. We essentially test and practice all the challenges before the Survivors do them. We basically suss everything out before the shoot day comes, so everything runs smoothly. 

Jeff: Cool. Alex is also the producer of these behind-the-scenes videos. You're doing a good job!

<cut>

Jeff: Will, first season dreamteamer. How're you enjoying it?

Will: I'm enjoying it. It's fun. You get to test so many different challenges. The only difference between Survivors and us is we get to eat and they don't. (laughs)

<cut>

Jeff: Lance, one of the best stories ever of someone who became a dream teamer. Give it to us.

Lance: I was sitting at home, watching from Canada. I can't be on the show, so I thought the next best thing we to be on the dreamteam. Some friends kind of challenged me that I couldn't do it. I wrote a letter to a former contestant telling her how much I love the show, how much I love to travel, push myself. She forwarded it on to John, John called me up and a few days later he said he's gonna take a risk on me. Next thing I know I'm in China, doing challenges for the summer. 

Jeff: That is a crazy story. Are you glad that you did it? Has it lived up to your expectations?

Lance: Oh yeah. It's so hard to explain. Two months living in China, competing, meeting great people, watching the show that I love develop. It's a great time.

Jeff: Whenever we rehearse a challenge, we treat the dreamteamers just like we would Survivors. We explain the challenge to them, to see how they run it, to try to anticipate what the Survivors might do. John Kerhoffer explains that challenge. Stealing a lot of my language. 

<John talks about how they're going to get disgusting in the swampy water, how if they overthink it they'll get tied up and lose, and since they get a bard card and two cases of beer if they win, they don't want to lose>

Jeff: Beer is a big motivator for the dreamteam. That's the thing we use to get them to fight their best at challenges.

<cut>

Jeff: When you're not testing challenges, what else are you doing? 

Stetson: Just getting into the other departments. Art is mainly where we spent our time, just painting and building challenges. It's really great when someone asks you to do something, try to figure something out to use your creativity. 

<cut>

Jeff: And when the dreamteamers aren't rehearsing challenges or working in art, they're hauling gear. Believe it or not, there's a person in front of that bag.

Jenny: It's me! 

Jeff: Jenny, you are earning your money, girl.

<cut>

Jeff: Dreamteam is not only a good job in of itself, but it also opens you up to other opportunities within the show. 

Jeff: Edwin, I'm gonna interrupt you while you're working. I'm doing a segment on dreamteamers, including people who started as dreamteamers. I love that you're not stopping working. Give me your story. We picked you up in Panama, right?

Edwin: Yeah, Panama. 3 years ago. 2003. Season 8. 

Jeff: You were a dreamteamer, and what is your official title now?

Edwin: Challenge lead. 

Jeff: You have worked into a full-time career here.

Edwin: Yeah. After I finished school I started working here with John and the guys. Honestly, it's the best job I've ever had. Is that good English?

Jeff: That is very good English.

Edwin: Actually I learned to speak English with you.

Jeff: I remember. I remember those days. You've changed a lot, my friend. 

<cut>

Jeff: Mike Matsumoto, former dreamteamer, now integral part of our show. Tell us your story.

Mike: I started out on Guatamela dreamteam. Good friends with John Kerhoffer; he got me in. So excited, loved the job. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

Jeff: But you weren't going to be a dreamteamer for long.

Mike: No. The very next season, I popped my head into Doug McCallie's office, and I guess I made such good friends that he decided to shove me on Exile Island all by myself, for 3 days, 2 nights at a time.

Jeff: Being a segment producer. That's a big jump, from being a dreamteamer to segment producer. 

Mike: That is a big jump. Huge responsibility. They put a lot of faith in me and I love them for doing it.

<cut>

Jeff: Another thing the dreamteam does when they're not practicing challenges or working in other departments is they sit in as if they were Survivors, so we can light. That's because every time we come up here, we light it fresh. We never just walk up and use the old lighting. You can see what's going on here tonight. They're all just sitting in. Riley's sitting in as though she were me; would probably do a much better job. Ninja looking in to see if the lighting is good. Their work is never done. They work long hours from early in the morning to late at night. We use them anywhere and everywhere. It is, as I've said, one of the coolest jobs anywhere. If I were in college and could get my application and photo to John Kerhoffer, that's what I would do.

<cut>

Jeff: What did you expect when you heard the term, "dreamtamer," and how is it different?

Rigo: I didn't really expect much from the phrase itself. I knew it was gonna be hard work and really really fun. By the way, it is. It's the most amazing experience I could have ever dreamed of. And then we get paid to play.

Jeff: You got a bus to catch, man.

Rigo: I do.

<cut>

Jeff: And that is what a dreamteamer does every single day. Hope you've enjoyed a little behind the scenes of Survivor:China.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat