neděle 27. července 2014

Courtney and Tood on Early Show

Million Dollar Check Presentation to Survivor: China Champ Todd Herzog

12.17.07

Video: (not full)



Transcript from James Barber: (text in orange is not include in the video)


Russ: Hot off the press, Todd and Courtney may have survived Survivor China last night, but as they're coming to Manhattan this morning, took a red eye from LA last night, got stuck in traffic, made it here to the studio today. First of all, congratulations to both of you (they thank him). How are you feeling after this whirlwind few hours?

Todd: Overwhelmed. I don't even know if we've had time to think about it. We literally just ran across the street from our car. We just got here. It's exciting.

Russ: Oh my gosh. They yanked you off the stage last night after the show.

Todd: Yes. They yanked us off the stage, put us on a plane, we just got here, we're stuck in traffic, they don't have my luggage.

Courtney: We had to leave the luggage.

Todd: We had to leave the luggage. It's been insane though. I'm overwhelmed.

Russ: Which was more harrowing, Survivor Manhattan or Survivor China?

Courtney: China.

Todd: Manhattan. (joking) No, for sure, China. That was crazy.

Russ: Well we're glad you made it. So anyway Todd, you have not had a lot of time to think about this. You were on the red eye last night, I'm sure it sunk in a little bit. What do you think?

Todd: This is all so surreal to me. This has been a dream of mine since I was 15 years old. To be sitting here, about to get a million dollar check, I'm freaking out. This is just great.

Russ: Richard Hatch, the winner of the first Survivor, he was kind of your role model in this, correct?

Todd: I wouldn't call him my role model, I would call him somebody to be better than. He's kind of a dirtbag, but I played a...

(they all laugh)


Russ: How do you really feel about him?

Todd: To be compared to him is kind of an honor, because he's the first champion ever, but it's also like (makes a "pfft" noise) come on now, you know I'm no Richard Hatch. I'm Todd.

Russ: OK. So Todd, when did you realize, when did it get into your mind that, "OK, I've won this thing"?

Todd: I got out there and about day 2 came around and I thought to myself, "I kind of have my tribe going. This is my game." I knew right then that I could go all the way. If I could sway the jury then I knew it was my check.

Russ: Congratulations. (Todd says thanks) Courtney, second place.

Courtney (squealy voice): I know!

Russ: A little disappointed? How disappointed are you?

Courtney: I am the opposite of disappointed. I thought I was getting 16th place. I knew it. I was like, "I'll be outside for 16 days, I can put up with it, I get a cool vacation in China. Loser cruise." Then it kept going and going, and I was like, "What madness has taken over? Why am I still on the show?"

Russ: When you look back at strategy, why do you think you didn't win?

Courtney: I don't think I actually, I never thought of myself as being in contention for a first place shot. I figured it was crazy for me to already be in the finals, and that for me was already winning. I never expected anything like...this is Todd's dream. He's wanted this since the first season. I wasn't anything like a fan of the show, it kind of fell into my lap a little bit. I kind of took it as it came. For me to get through even the first 9 days of being on there was the hardest thing I've done in my life. I don't think of it as you didn't win, why didn't you win. Second place behind Todd? He's the master.

Russ: I want to talk to him about his Roman emperor strategy, but I have to ask you, people watched you get skinnier every week. 93 pounds when you started the show. How much weight did you lose?

Courtney: The official weigh-in when we left was 86 pounds, which actually wasn't that much weight that we lost. James lost 50 pounds, but James is huge, so you don't notice as much. If you lose weight off a small person. I have small bones. I'm a small person.

Russ: People are going to say you're anorexic. Are you here to say you're not?Courtney: I'm not anorexic! I was on a show called Survivor! They don't give you any food. How unfair is this judgment? (laughs)

Russ: Is it tough to hear that?

Courtney: It doesn't bother me so much, I've heard it my entire life. Some people have a genetic lottery, sorry. I've always dealt with it. It was harder for my family. My brothers were getting really angry, and people who know me really well were like, "This is unfair!" What can you do? If you put yourself out to be judged, people will judge you.

Russ: Alright. Back to Todd. Known as the schemer, the Roman emperor out there. People were following you big time. Were you surprised people were following you so willingly?

Todd: I think I was a bit shocked at first that everybody was, "Todd, what happens next? What's this?" But after about 3 or 4 days, I thought, "These people are mine to play with." I took this one (Courtney) because she's a little bit smaller than me, and I've got someone they can target before me. It just worked to my advantage in so many ways.

Russ: You're at home like everybody else, you're watching this unfold. You're watching yourself lie and scheme every week. What's going through your head as you watch yourself?

Todd: Every week I would sit at home and go, "Oh Todd, did you just say that?" It's fun though. It's something I'll remember for the rest of my life. What an amazing experience. How cool.

Russ: A million bucks is coming your way. What are you gonna do with the money?

Todd: I'm gonna travel. I'm gonna get myself a car, give my family a merry Christmas, and enjoy life. Take the next step. Who knows what comes next?

(Russ gives them the check, and he and Courtney bounce up and down in their seats a little bit)


Russ: One million dollars and no cents. You're going to pay taxes.

Todd: I'm going to pay taxes on this bad boy.

Russ (to Courtney): You get a hundred thousand dollar check.

Courtney: I do, it's only half this size though.

Russ: What are you going to do with the money?

Courtney: I'm gonna, same thing on a smaller scale, I want to travel a little bit, pay off some debt. Nothing interesting, sorry.

(Russ congratulations them and shakes their hands)


Todd: How do I take this?

Courtney: You need a really big envelope.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat