pondělí 7. července 2014

Survivor China TV Guide Preview

TV Guide Channel Survivor: China Preview

Part 1

Video unavailable, but at least description of it from realitynewsonline.com:

Segment 1

theme

We lead off with Mark Burnett telling us he’d been thinking about having the show in China for years, and they were finally able to pull it off. This time, it’s all about the art of war, as host Jeff Probst says Survivor is, in its own way, a war.
Our host this season is last season’s winner, Earl Cole. He notes that having the show in China is a change from recent seasons. Indeed, Probst says if they stayed in the South Pacific another season, they were going to lose their minds. He adds that Survivor is the first show to ever shoot an entire series in China, and it took a lot of negotiating to get it done. He adds that this show is going to be like those they did in past years, with a lot of history and culture.
The Survivors will be living in an area called the Lake of a Thousand Islands. And this season, they stripped out some of the stuff they’ve been adding, like Exile Island and additional players. So they’re back to 16 (though they still have hidden immunity idols, though they are “hidden in plain sight”).
Mark Burnett says that the winning team in a competition gets to ‘kidnap’ a player from the other tribe and that player brings a clue to the location of the hidden idol.
Since they’re in China and, as Probst mentioned, Survivor is a war, each tribe was given a copy of The Art of War on a scroll for their reading pleasure.
The season will be started off at a Buddhist temple, and Probst tells us the opening will be dramatic. Indeed, the players have to leave behind all their worldly possessions – all their clothes they expected to wear are left behind other than what they’re wearing.
Probst says there are a lot of likeable people this season for us to root for, though Earl adds that there will be villains as well.

Segment 2

Dave

a 37-year-old former model who wants to kill everybody sweetly. Earl talks about Dave being a “self-described funny-man.“
Probst saying Dave is a guy who could get on people’s nerves quickly. He needs to watch out that he doesn’t irritate people.

Sheria

Sherea, an elementary school teacher, says it will be a difficult experience, but a good one. She wants to avoid coming off as the b*tchy black girl with attitude. Probst doesn’t think Sherea had any idea what she was getting into. He thinks she will be delighted to go home early – and predicts that is what will happen.

Amanda

Amanda, a 23-year-old Montana cowgirl, tried out last season, is a huge fan of the show. But she was Miss Montana 2005 and Miss Earth 2006, which does not exactly speak to “winning Survivor contestant. She thinks beauty pageants give her a competitive edge because you have to play mind games in those.
She adds that she is playing to compete, not just get by on her looks. Probst won’t bet against her – he even thinks she has a chance of winning!

Jean-robert

Next up is Jean-Robert, a 36-year-old bad boy of poker. he’s been a professional poker player for about six years, but he’s still trying to figure out what he’s going to tell his tribemates.

Jean-Robert says his plan is to be kind of quiet for the first few days and not be the alpha male. Then he’s going to make “serious moves mid-game.” Probst saying Jean-Robert thinks of Survivor as human poker, but he would be surprised if Jean-Robert lasts late into the game.

Part 2

Video:



Segment 3

Transcript (thanks to James Barber): 


Earl: Welcome back to Survivor: China preview. I'm Earl Cole. You've already met some of this season's colorful castaways. Now it's time to meet a few more, including the youngest contestant, known as Frosti, and the oldest, who goes by the name Chicken.

Chicken: I grew up on a poultry farm. (something about young farmers - I can't understand him here) It's kind of a nickname, and it's followed me all my life. 

Jeff: He's a quintessential Survivor. He's just a character. 

Chicken: I'm 47 years old. I think I'm the oldest of this group. 

Earl (voiceover): Chicken's had to deal with a lot of hardship in his life.

Chicken: My ex-wife, my first wife, was seeing my father, and I didn't know about it. Terrible. When I found out about it, first thing I did was told my mom. First thing she did was kick his ass out.

Earl (VO): And before coming on Survivor, this sheltered chicken farmer had never even traveled outside his home state of Virginia.

Chicken: Whether they know it or not, when I landed here, I accomplished what I wanted to accomplish. Everything else is just a plus.

Earl (VO): At the other end of the age spectrum is Mike, known as Frosti. At age 20, he's not only the youngest contestant in China, he's the youngest player ever.

Frosti: I think being the youngest out there is actually going to be an advantage for me, because people are gonna see me as the youngest person, and not feel so threatened by me.

Jeff: What's intriguing about him physically is that he does parkour, which is a sport where you leap from wall to wall, scale up walls, you hop over cars.

Frosti: The discipline of parkour, which is moving efficiently through any environment. Like an obstacle course. Freerunning and style and flair.

Jeff: I think Frosti could last a while. If he could last to the individual part of the game, he could be a threat. 

Frosti: I think I'll be able to take care of myself. Hopefully, the more hard work I put into it, the nicer place I'll have to live in. That's my plan right now. (laughs) Hopefully I can bring a little of that ninja skill to the islands. 

Leslie: If I go in there without expectations, then it's gonna be a fresh and exciting experience for me. I'm a Christian radio host, and I'm also a mother of four, and I've been married to my husband Rob for 18 years. I also teach fitness classes on the side. 

Earl (VO): This 38-year old mom has been applying for Survivor since the third season. She says being away from her tight-knit family will be her biggest obstacle in the game. 

Leslie: That's the challenge for me. I think it's also one of the reasons I wanted to prove to myself that I can do something on my own. I went from being the daughter to being the wife to being the mother. I've never done anything by myself. That's a huge challenge for me. It's hard.

Earl (VO): As a devout Christian, Leslie feels there might be other struggles ahead as well.

Leslie: It's a big struggle as a Christian. How do I do this? As I pray about it, God says, 'Trust me.' When He says trust me, I do it. 

Jeff: I think Leslie will do well enough that she won't be first out.

Leslie: I'm gonna do really well. I just know it.

Todd: I wanna come off as the kid who's smart and confident, but doesn't know everything. 

Earl (VO): Effervescent 22-year old flight attendant Todd has been a Survivor superfan since the very first episode. 

Todd: This is something I've wanted since I was 16 years old. I've been a fan forever. Now that I have a chance to be out here playing this game, I'm so excited, I can't even tell you. I'm a smaller person, and people underestimate me a lot. I want to get out there and show people, yeah, I can do this, I'm tough.

Earl (VO): This openly gay Utah native was raised as a Mormon, and after coming out at age 19, he says he hasn't lost his faith. 

Todd: I don't feel like everything that the church has taught me has made me who I am, because they disapprove of a lot of things that I am, but I do believe in God and I'm happy I was raised that way so I can have what I feel spiritually close to.

Jeff: I think Todd's very good at knowing when to get out of the way, and, 'You be the hero. I'm learning from you.' He'll make somebody a mentor. I expect Todd to be around for a while.

Earl (VO): Later in the show, we'll introduce you to even more of the castaways of Survivor: China. But up next...

Jeff: Coming up, I'm going to give you a tour of Tribal Council for Survivor: China. Stick around.  

Segment 4

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net and James Barber:

Earl: Welcome back to Survivor: China preview. I'm Earl Cole. Even though no Survivor wants to go there, the show creates incredible looks for Tribal Council. For the China season, the production crew really outdid themselves with the biggest, boldest Tribal Council set ever. 

Jeff Probst:  We are at Tribal Council for Survivor: China.  This is the entryway for the Survivors.  They'll come past the Chinese lanterns.  They'll walk up this area right here.  What they will see, for my money, the coolest TC, yet.

This is where the Survivors will sit at TC.  We have some very cool torches this year, lots of symbols and influences from Chinese art. 

This was one of the biggest builds that we've done.  It was seven tons of steel, six tons of concrete.  There's two tons of tile that are on all of the roofs of Tribal and as a result all of the framing of this had to be steel.  It is a massive structure.  The TC that we built here is the tallest building anywhere around.  We had to put a lightening rod at the top and a lightening grid underneath in case lightening strikes.  The kind of sad part of it is that when we're done, we tear it down. 

Since we are just a few hours away from our first Tribal I want to make sure the snuffer works.  Got a pretty cool snuffer this year.  It's got a dragon because that is huge in Chinese art.  The most important thing is that the snuffer works.  This one's going to do just fine. 

If you're a Survivor fan then you know this area.   This is the voting area that the Survivors come up and cast their votes.  This is the pen that they will use to write down the names.  The mold for this is actually an opium pipe.  This is the bowl, this is the long shaft and then this would have been the mouthpiece.  We of course are using it for a very acceptable and functional pen to write with. 

The last part of TC is, once you're had your torch snuffed, you're out of the game, you walk down these steps and it's just a lonely, cold, dark walk, which I don't mind making. See you later, TV Guide Network.

Earl: Now let's go from the place most Survivors fear, to the person we all love to talk to. Show psychologist Dr. Liza Siegel.

Liza: I'm doctor Liza Siegel. I'm the show's psychologist.

Jeff: The truth is, we have a team of psychologists, led by Dr. Liza, who do profiles on these people so in-depth they can tell us things about these guys that the Survivors don't know. 90% of the time, it plays out on the show.

Liza: We do a whole battery of psychological tests, and a one-hour interview. People say at the end of that, we know them better than their friends and their family. 

Earl (VO): When the torch is snuffed, Dr. Liza's on-hand once again.

Jeff: When they're voted off, I don't go talk to 'em, our producers don't go talk to 'em. Dr. Liza's there, with something to drink, and your favorite snack. She's a safe person.

Earl (VO): Dr. Liza feels that this season harkens back to the show's earlier days. 

Liza: I think somehow we've gotten back to what the show was in the first 4 or 5 seasons. A very energetic, very lively cast, very big personalities. 

Earl (VO): Dr. Liza also wrote a book about her experiences, called Sweet Success.

Liza: I wrote a book about positive personality traits, and how they contribute to people's success. I've had some wonderful, wonderful learning experiences. I've learned so much. It's been great.

Earl (VO): Up next...

Erik: I am single. Romantic relationship on the island could happen. 

Jaime: There's also some cute guys out here. Good to meet them. (laughs)

Earl (VO): Could a showmance blossom among the hotties on the island? Plus, we've got an exclusive sneak peek at an actual challenge this season. There's much more Survivor: China preview to come here on TV Guide network, America's TV headquarters.

Part 3


Video:



Transcript (thanks to James Barber): 

Segment 5

Earl: Welcome back to Survivor: China preview. I'm Earl Cole, winner of Survivor: Fiji. Let's meet more of the contestants, including a Gwen Stefani lookalike who is easily the smallest player this season, and possibly of all time.

Courtney: I think I would be considered one of the underdogs to win here, in this group.

Jeff: Courtney, if she lasts, will be a star on the show, because of her acerbic wit. She always has a comment, and it's often biting, and usually funny. The flipside of that is if people don't get your sense of humor, it can seem rude and annoying.

Earl: If people aren't affected by Courtney's mouth, they're bound to notice her size. This 26-year old New York waitress may just be the most petite player ever. 

Courtney: I think it might be an advantage. I don't eat much, you should have me on your team, you'll get more food! (laughs) Maybe my size won't have as much to do with it; probably my mouth will get me into trouble. I get pissed off pretty easily, and I think that is why they wanted me on the show. I think I'll probably be the really <expletive> one who is the favorite of the home viewers. They'll be like, 'She's such an <expletive>! God, I hate her!'

Erik: I've experienced a lot already, but I think it will be a kickstart into another journey of some sort.

Earl (VO): As a fulltime musician, Erik lives the life of a gypsy.

Erik: I travel around with a rock band called FLOREZ. We travel around mostly East Coast, parts of the midwest, playing colleges and clubs, and everything in-between.

Jeff: Erik is a big question mark for me. He's certainly somebody we love to cast - he's kind of a romantic, he plays the guitar, he's got the curly hair; I'm sure women will love him.

Erik: I am single. Romantic relationship on the island could happen - I'm gonna go in with an open mind. Could find the woman of my dreams, could find a temporary relationship to help me in the game. Again, I'm pretty open-minded; we'll see what happens. 

Jaime: I'm from a small-town. I'm kind of sheltered, so I'm excited to get to meet new people who've had different lives than I know. Definitely see stuff I don't see back home - we've got tattoos and piercings. Mohawks and mullets; all sorts of crazy stuff. (laughs)

Earl (VO): Southern belle Jaime says everything about the game will be new territory for her. 

Jeff: I don't know about Jaime. I'm not sure if she can live up to what she thinks she is capable of.

Earl (VO): Well, there is one thing this blonde bombshell counts as a strength – flirting.

Jaime: There also cute guys out here. Good to meet them. (?) things go wrong, at least I'll have something good to look at while I'm on the island. That'll be fun. I think I just get along better with boys. I'm not sure why. I'm kinda just flirty by nature, so I'm sure I will be out here as well. I definitely think people will be surprised with me. I think people will look at me and think oh, she's blonde, she's Southern - automatic dumb. I don't think they'll ever think I'm athletic, so hopefully I can show 'em up on the courses and show 'em what I'm really made of.

Aaron: The social aspect of the game is gonna be much more difficult for me than the physical.

Earl (VO): 32-year old surfing instructor Aaron says he wants to play the game as a good guy.

Jeff: He's not in everybody's face. If Aaron lasts to the individual part of the game - he's pretty physically fit - he might be a big threat. 

Earl (VO): This Top Chef fan might bring an unexpected talent to the show - his culinary skills; which he thinks will score points with his tribe. 

Aaron: I definitely have a people-pleasing, caretaking type of relationship. When I cook for people, it makes me feel good, it makes them feel good. If I can contribute any part, it will contribute value for the group, and I won't get picked off.

Earl (VO): Then there's former dancer Peih-Gee, whose appeared in videos from Madonna and Janet Jackson. This California girl already knows the role she'll play in China. 

Peih-Gee: When I told anybody that I told that I was coming on here, they said, 'Oh my God, you're gonna be the <expletive> on this show.' (laughs) So I've gotta keep that in check a little bit, not let it out unless I think it will be useful to me. 

Jeff: Peih-Gee is not gonna be anybody's friend. She is toxic and caustic and delightful to watch, because she is as smart as can be. She knows how to play this game. I think it will be very hard for Peih-Gee to win this game, because she's gonna irritate a lot of people.

Peih-Gee: I definitely know I'm not gonna be the one sitting in the background waiting for somebody to come up and tell me how to vote. A lot of time all it takes is one piece of gossip and everybody's against this person. It's being able to control that, I think, is being able to control who gets voted out of the game. I actually recognize two of the contestants (Jean-Robert and Ashley). I think that's something I can save up, and wait for the right time to use that. I can't wait. (laughs) 

Earl (VO): Coming up...

Tom: In the beginning, people recognize you as the guy who won Survivor. In a few months, you pass into, 'Hey, don't I know you from somewhere?'

Earl (VO): We'll reveal what's new with some of your favorite recent winners. Stick around - we'll be right back.

Segment 6

Earl: Welcome back to Survivor: China preview. I'm Earl Cole, winner of Survivor: Fiji. I can tell you it's not easy to come out on top of this show. Each of the 16 new castaways wants to join the winner's circle - like myself - so TV Guide Network decided to go across the country and catch up with some of the most recent winners, starting with Tom Westman in his corporate digs in Manhattan.

Tom: I'm 6 months into a new career. I'm a group benefits representative. I'm selling life and disability insurance for Hartford Insurance, through the broker, to the client. I had a relationship that went back to the Hartford Insurance just post 9/11, where they reached out and supported New York City Fire Department. Following the Survivor win, my retirement from the fire department, they asked me if I'd be interested in coming to work for them. It's turned out to be a good choice. 

Earl (VO): There are those days where Tom misses his firefighting brothers. 

Tom: I'm at peace with my choice leaving the fire department, but we'll always be connected to it and always feel close to the guys that are in the job and what I used to do there.

Earl (VO): This big winner is also still connected to his castmates from Palau. 

Tom: Ian, who was my competitor all the way to the end there, and Katie, who was the final 2 with me. Stephenie, who came over from the other tribe with me. Gregg and Jenn. I didn't expect to be coming out of that game with friendships. It's been a nice part of it.

Earl (VO): By never giving up. Danni Boatwright managed to beat out the dominant tribe to win Survivor: Guatemala. She's since returned to sports TV and done entertainment reporting for CelebTV.com. But her life is about to make the biggest change ever. 

Danni: We're getting ready to plan a wedding. We have a wedding and the birth of a baby. We have a lot of life-changing experiences - probably more so than Survivor changed my life. 

Earl (VO): We caught up with Danni and her fiance, Kansas City Chiefs center Casey Wiegmann, at a family cookout to find out about her post-Survivor experience. 

Danni: It's funny, because on Survivor, I thought they portrayed me as being a little bit under-the-rader, which I wasn't. I wasn't under-the-radar; I just wasn't in the middle of any controversy. 


Earl (VO): As she gets ready to balance motherhood, a second time at Survivor is not in Danni's future. 

Danni: I'm not gonna be Brett Favre and come back and try to win another championship. I won, I'm one and done. I'm outta there. And having a child now, I don't think I could be away for 39 days again. But I'll have fun watching the other people live through it. (laughs)

Earl (VO): We headed to Santa Monica, California to find Survivor: Panama Exile winner, Aras, to see what he's been up to since winning.

Aras: I've been studying lots and lots of yoga, and teaching yoga, so that's been wonderful. Exploring new ways of sharing that and getting deeper into my practice. Yoga for me is a means of studying and experiencing happiness, really. Any time you're studying and experiencing happiness, obviously you're going to have an enjoyable experience. 

Earl (VO): And how is winning affected Aras' dating life?

Aras: I'd say my dating life prior to Survivor was dysfunctional, and I'd say my dating life since Survivor is dysfunctional. I still have yet to figure out the opposite sex, but I'm sure in due time it'll all work out.

Earl (VO): What else can we expect to see from him in the future? 

Aras: I'd say more growth, and more smiles, and helping people find their smile. 

Earl (VO): We also caught up with Survivor: Cook Islands winner Yul Kwon, as he returned to his hometown of Concord, California to be honored. 

Yul: Concord has designated today, Auugust 16, to be Yul Kwon Day, which kind of blew me away, but it's a great honor. It's an opportunity for me to raise awareness for issues I care about. I'm here trying to promote the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society, and also to show the community that I want to give back.

Earl (VO): Along with various charity work, Yul has also teamed up with CNN to help broaden their audience. 

Yul: Basically, I help produce and host a show on the Asian-American community and different issues and challenges that we're struggling with. I hope no matter what I do, I stay pretty grounded and I get to use the exposure I have to do something positive.

Earl (VO): And he left us with some advice for the new castaways.

Yul: Try to play with integrity, and getting people to really be able to trust you, because you're trustworthy, actually help you in the game. 

Earl: As for me, I'm busy hosting a TV Guide Network special, but I've also been up to a few other things. I decided to give Mark Burnett a run for his money, and I started my own TV/film production company, called A-Frame Studios (?). Look out for me again on TV.

Earl (VO): Later on the show, it's your exclusive first look at an actual challenge on Survivor: China. But just ahead...

Ashley: I'm definitely a tough girl. I'm not gonna tap out by any means.

James: Compared to the rest of the contestants, I will be the strongest one.

Earl (VO): Will the wrestling diva, or the gravedigger prevail? Or will the lunchlady beat them both? Meet more of the cast when Survivor: China preview returns.


Part 4


Video:


Segment 7


Transcript (thanks to James Barber): 

Earl: Welcome back to Survivor: China preview. I'm Earl Cole, winner of the most recent season, Fiji. Now it's time to introduce you to the last few contestants, one of whom <wrestler voice> will be familiar to you wrestling fans out there.

Ashley: I am a WWDiva. I work for World Wrestling Entertainment, and I definitely have the coolest job in the world. (laughs) I absolutely love it. It's a dream come true. It's a dream job. I used to watch wrestling as a child. I'd watch WWE with my brother and my dad. Never in a million years did I think I'd end up working for the WWE, or wrestling for them for that matter.

Jeff: We have a wrestler from the WWE, Ashley, who is...when I saw her on day 1, she was wearing fishnet stockings, huge black leather boots, some type of a top that showed off her ample chest.

Earl (VO): This 28-year old one-time Playboy model says she'll have a hard time blending into the background. 

Ashley: Yeah, I get the impression I've been recognized. (laughs) I've been spotted. They got me. They got me. If I do feel that I'm bringing anything negative, it would be the misconception that I don't deserve to win because I'm already on TV. That has nothing to do with anything, I think. Just because I'm on a TV show doesn't mean I deserve to win. You can look at it from that perspective. 

Jeff: She's all that and a bag of chips. She will not be able to hide from anybody. I can't wait to see if she can live up to her own hype. 

Denise: I'm a lunchlady at the intermediate school. I love it. It's great. I know all the kids. I know all the kids' friends. I know all the kids' parents. I know everybody. It's awesome.

Jeff: Denise, nickname is the lunchlady. First thing you see about Denise - you have to acknowledge the hair, because she has a mullet.

Earl (VO): This 40-year old mother of three from Massachusetts has been a Survivor fan for years.

Denise: Me and my daughters, we watch it all the time. It's kind of like a family night. We hang out and watch the show. 

Earl (VO): Though she's the oldest female contestant in Survivor: China, Denise might have a secret weapon on her side. Her knowledge of karate.

Denise: I opened my own school in January. I've got 6 students right now. I've been taking karate now about 8 years. I'm actually second degree black belt, and I'll be going for my third degree when I get back from here. 

Jeff: I think Denise will probably be made fun of in the beginning, because that's just the way it goes, but I think if she can last one or two weeks, the audience will pull for her. 

Earl (VO): And finally, meet James, a Louisiana muscleman ready to bury his competition.

James: I own a burial service. It's a family tradition. I'm a third-generation gravedigger, pretty much. I'm used to...I was born in. I've been digging graves literally since I was 10. It's a part of life for me. I like the work, I'm free, I'm out there by myself, doing work.

Jeff: We've never had a guy as physically fit as James, even though we had a lot of Survivors who liked to think they were - nobody like James.

Earl (VO): And this ripped 30-year old claims he gets fit through the family business. 

James: I don't like working out. I don't work out. My family looks like this. You have to see my sister to understand. Compared to the rest of the contestants, I will be the strongest one. I will be the most athletic. I will be the fastest one. That's my biggest strength. That's my gimmick right now - everybody's afraid of me for some reason. Don't I look inviting? Don't I look like you'd want to talk to me?

Jeff: I think James is gonna really do well. I think he's gonna be liked by his tribe and be a real quiet leader. I'm already pullin' for him.

Earl (VO): This sly Southerner is already thinking beyond the million dollar prize. He's got romance in mind.

James: I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm always keeping my options open. I've got three different types of women, and those three are here. The ones with tattoos. I love tattooed, crazy-looking girl (Ashley). I love for petite girls (Courtney). I have a thing for Asian girls (Peeh-Gee) that I've been dealing with for quite a while. 

Earl (VO): But James has his eye on another competitor for another reason.

James: The pretty dude is gonna kill me. You see him, you'll know who I'm talking about. (Erik) He's got pretty little curly hairs, and oh my God. If he's on my side, it's church, I'm done. I'm going home. There's no way I'm gonna be able to compete with him at the beginning. I'm done. 

Earl (VO): Coming up...


Jeff: Survivors, ready? Go!

Earl (VO): ...we will reveal the deatails of this amazing challenge.


Jeff: There's more Survivor China preview coming up on TV Guide Network, America's TV headquarters.

Segment 8

Transcript by SurvivorFever.net and James Barber: 

Earl: Welcome back to Survivor China preview. I'm Earl Cole, winner of Survivor Fiji. Now you got your exclusive look at the very first challenge from Survivor China. And the people responsible for putting it together, Survivor's art department.

Jeff Probst:  A big part of this show is the look. When you see Survivor you know it's Survivor.

Earl Cole:  That's where Survivor's renowned art department comes in.

Dan Munday (Production Designer)  China represents a really fresh look for us.  We're working a lot with a lot of different scenery rather than the coconut trees and beaches you've been used to.  We're working with bamboo forests and pine forests and  the lake environment.  We're working with a lot of locals as far as how to work with bamboo.  We're trying to highlight iconic Chinese cultural things that people would recognize.  In our opening challenge we're using the dragons from the dragon dance.  We're using the terracotta warriors in quite a few challenges.

Earl:  Expect to see some impressive pyrotechnics throughout the show.

Simon Ross (Pyro Technician):  One of the challenges involves picking up balls (?) with chopsticks.  Putting them in a trough.  It rolls down, falls into a wok full of flash powder.  It sets off a fuse which then sets off fireworks. 

Earl:  TV Guide Channel was in China exclusively and caught one of the first challenges of season 15.

John Kirhoffer (Challenge Producer):  This challenge is called "Dragon Dance".  The concept of it came about because we're watching every movie ever made in China, all the Kung Fu movies.  The ceremonial dragon became a kewl element to put into the challenge. 
The course is about the length of a football field and a half.  Once they get to basically the halfway point they have to cross a couple of bridges.  The way that they do this is that the guy in the  lead who is carrying the head, will breakaway and then scale a couple of walls, pulling some pins, dropping a couple of drawbridges.  Then once they are past the drawbridges, they get a key, come back, release the rest of the tribe, get back on with the dragon and race thru the swamp.

The first challenge, we always expect mayhem.  I'm sitting there thinking, wow they're going to rip the dragon in half or somebody is going to get dragged thru the mud. 

Jeff Probst:  Here we go. This is the first challenge of Survivor: China.  For Immunity and fire.  Survivors ready.  Go!

Earl: OK, well that's it for Survivor: China preview. To find out more about this season, log on to TVGuide.com, and also tune in to CBS Thursdays at 8/7 Central to find out who joins the ranks of us lucky winners. I'm Earl Cole. Xiexie, which means thank you in Chinese. Thanks for watching.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat