neděle 3. srpna 2014

Mikey, the Day After

length: 4:47

Mikey looks back on the inherent paranoia that got the best of the tribe, distracting them from their number one goal: getting to the merge with greater numbers than the Favorites. 

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

There's a lot different about watching Survivor on TV and actually playing in the game." 

(cut) 


"The actual lying and deception that actually has to go into the game immediately is tough to get adjusted to." 


(cut) 


"I didn't really lie too much in the game that I played. I didn't feel I was at that stage where I had to. I wanted to be honest with people and strengthen the tribe within that honesty." 


(cut) 


"I spoke to Joel about voting out the weaker players early on in the game, and he spoke to me back about the same thing, about how Chet, Tracy, and Kathy didn't seem to want to be there and they were bringing us down. He was lying to me because he had a different plan. I was being genuine to him because I thought it would strengthen our tribe." 


(cut) 


"I think our tribe was absolutely paranoid from the beginning, although I do think you do tend to get a little more paranoid and you should be. I understand it to a point, but no, I think everyone was paranoid from the beginning. To me, there's two parts of the game. The first part is strengthening your tribe to gain numbers at the merge, and the second game is to outduel and outwit and outlast everybody else. People on my tribe were really paranoid from the beginning and thinking about the second phase of the game during the first phase of the game. I'm extremely confident it's going to bite them all in the ass. To me, the tribe they have right now they cannot win and they cannot stay healthy, strong." 


(cut) 


"I think the paranoia affected our tribe cohesion based on Joel. I think Joel was paranoid from the beginning that I was going to turn on him at some point in the game and he needed to keep me at a distance from him and he felt the need to switch the game right away and go with the older weaker players to gain the advantage over myself and the younger players who seemed to have the strength and the will and the desire to play." 


(cut) 


"By me not voicing my opinion about Joel to everybody certainly put me in a precarious situation because a lot of the people didn't have the same views as I did. But I did speak to Erik personally about it hoping Erik could spread the word to Natalie. I knew Natalie was not going to betray Joel no matter what. It was my plan to get through Erik, who was a young kid and who was definitely listening to Joel a little too much, a little more than he should have. I was trying to stress my disappointment in Erik for following Joel by taking a weaker crew who are not going to fare well in the challenges and hoping it got through to Erik and Erik could spread the word to Natalie. As far as the other three, Chet, Tracy, and Kathy, I did not want to go to war with them. I did not want to go to war with them. To me it would have been advanced my game maybe three, four, five spots, but to me it wasn't going to allow me to win the game. I took a risk by blending into the game and becoming one of the members again by letting my tribe know slowly but surely that if this is Joel's plan, he's going to cut you up and devour you."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat