pondělí 4. srpna 2014

Chet, the Day After

length: 5:01

Chet got a shot at his dream: play for a million dollars and forever be a part of the Survivor Family. But when the dream proved to be harder than it seemed, was it worth it?

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I was thrilled to death when I found out it was fans v favorites. I've always been a fan of Survivor. People I've admired. I've watched from season one on. Of course there's people you relate to, people you would hope to meet, whatever. Getting here and realizing first off I'm one of ten chosen to play as fans, literally playing one on one with ten favorites I've admired through the years, what more could you ask for? First to realize your dream of getting to play on Survivor is realized, then to know that you're only one of ten and you're playing against these people. It was incredible."

(cut) 

"Definitely the experience coming to Survivor was probably 300% harder than I thought it would be. In every way. I came here as a certain Chet that myself and my friends and I was determined to be. That Chet probably lasted an hour to a day. I had to totally change my ways and means to at some point some things I didn't realize I could do, some things I thought maybe I hoped to do but never would have to, but it all came through in the end. The way I played the game, I wouldn't change; I wouldn't change a thing about my experience here. It seemed like at every TC it was always brought to my attention I was the oldest, I was the weakest, all the time. Just to throw into the equation and I'm basically - and I use the word probably very loosely - the only gay male competing in the game. When I think about it, everyone at TC who was praised for their strength, praised for their agility, praised for their athletic ability, I outlasted them. Actually when I think about it the strength had nothing to do with it, and when it came down to reading the Survivor manual, maybe I read it just a little bit closer than some of those people who were bound and determined to get me off first. I didn't go. They went way before me." 

(cut) 

"The Survivor Chet who was sure this was the way he was gonna play was somebody who at times could be very vindictive, could be funny and humorous. Truthfully I came here to be one of the funniest people to ever play Survivor, to have a good time and be very successful at it. That changed within a day. Like I said, that part of me went away. There's things that came out of me that I never thought could, but then again I think the word Survivor is used very loosely in this case with all of us. They always say you put money on friendship, there's a price on it, and I truly felt the day I met Tracy is the day I won Survivor. She's a great girl. Somebody I will cherish all my life and I know we're gonna be friends the rest of our lives and together the rest of our lives." 

(cut) 

"We did find strength among the three of us. Me, myself, and Tracy, and Kathy and I. We were able to go into a few other members of the tribe and include them with us but we had to keep our guards up with them. We basically could only use those to help us out. Some of us came into this game with different attitudes, different issues from different walks of life or whatever, and we basically weren't accepted from day one. That's nothing new to a lot of us and we just took what we had to work with and we mustered up the strength. We would go into our own little hut at night and slam our lid shut and plot and plan and come out the next day with a new plan and it would actually work for us." 

(cut) 

"I spent two nights on Exile Island and I had a lot of time to think about everything and mentally I was still in the game, but I think as we all know when you have an agonizing part of your body in pain, especially your foot, it's very difficult to ignore that. I was trying to think what I could do." 

(cut) 

"We were on our way to the immunity challenge and I requested just let me do this one challenge and if we'll lose immunity, I'll graciously ask my tribe to vote me out tonight. I wanted to go out with my tribe. I wanted to go out with the whole thing and have them vote me out rather than be taken out of the game." 

(cut) 

"My life will be better after Survivor. #1 that I know I actually did this. Truthfully this is the first time I've left the United States. I've traveled all over the United States but I've never actually left it. I've never left my family and friends and animals for this long of a time, and I've never had to deal with literally hardcore social issues to survive as I had to do on the island. I did it, and I survived, and I'm always a part of the Survivor family now. No one can ever take it away from me."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat