pondělí 4. srpna 2014

Amanda on the New Malakal

length: 4:38

Amanda describes the frustration of working side-by-side with the rookies in the tribe. 

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

"I miss my old tribe. Even though we had some people we didn't get along with, like Jonathan and Eliza, at least everyone wanted to be there and everyone contributed. It was like a well-oiled machine. Even though there was a little bit of separation. Right now it's like having amateurs and experienced players. It's hard. It's hard to mesh that. It's like skiing with a professional skiier if you've never been on skis before. It's hard to ski with that person. It's a hard thing. We have to figure out a way either to get rid of certain people or change something where we can act like a team in challenges so we can start winning. We've lost three in a row. I've never lost three in a row before, and it's not a good thing, it's not a good feeling. We're definitely not used to it, and we definitely don't like it. Something has to change." 

(cut) 


"The new Malakal tribe is pretty much fans v favorites. It's very much segregated. It's kind of because the favorites out here know what they're doing. They expect certain things I guess from the fans that we're just not seeing. The work ethic's not there. It kinda seems like we're doing all the work and they're just walking around, they don't know what to do. They're not asking any questions either. It's frustrating." 


(cut) 


"You can kind of tell how more competitive the favorites are then the fans and how much more aggressive the favorites are then the fans. It's definitely kind of something that's separating us in the tribe. Honestly I'm having doubts we'll be a team, because we're having a hard time connecting in challenges." 


(cut) 


"Even though we've been blended, there's very much a difference. There's very much, I don't think it has to be fans vs favorites, I want to be a solid unit, a team, but just because we've been through this before and they haven't, it's put an automatic separation between us. I definitely think if they were more aggressive or just got in there and tried to communicate more with the group...I mean, there's ways. We're not gonna go out of our way to make them feel comfortable every single second. I'm not gonna sit there and hold Tracy's hand and say, 'It's OK, we like you.' She needs to be a little aggressive and get in there. If she wants to separate herself, which she's doing, she can, or she can like fit in with everyone. It's definitely an individual decision they're making." 


(cut)

 
"I honestly think Chet has avoided getting out of the game by putting the target on someone else. I think that's one thing he's good at in camp is seeing where differences lie and trying to save his butt at the last minute. He's definitely not here because he's athletic and he's definitely not here because he's good at challenges. He doesn't do much around camp either. He's here by luck." 


(cut) 


"In a team, you're only as strong as your weakest link. Malakal is only as strong as our weakest link, and right now it's pretty evident that's Chet and Tracy. Their attitudes towars the game, just their overall energy, is not what you need to win challenges. Chet could step it up if he wanted, it's not in him to do that. It's not gonna help us." 


(cut) 


"If I came into this game as a fan with people who played this game before, and they had a switch like this, the first thing I would think is I need to prove myself to these people that I deserve to be there, that I deserve to be playing with them. That's what I would think. I would try my hardest in camp, I would try my hardest in challenges. I just don't feel like they're doing that, and I just don't get it. That's the strategy I would be playing as a fan. That makes the most sense to me. If you think about on the other side, you can kind of think about what you would expect. It doesn't make sense. I don't feel like they're using common sense in this game strategically."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat