středa 23. července 2014

Peih-Gee, the Day After

length: 5:12

Did Peih-Gee's pre-game strategy coincide with how she actually played? Find out as she discusses her experience the day after being voted out.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"You know it's funny, because going into the game, I thought I was gonna be able to be a villain. Honestly, going in I really thought I was going to go in and lie my ass off and backstab people. I thought I was going to be able to pick a stronger character to kind of hide behind. Then I thought I was gonna pick out maybe a couple of other people who would kind of ride along behind us and form a little voting squad, battering ram through it. Didn't quite (laughs) happen that way." 

(cut) 

"Going into this, I compared it to poker. It's OK to bluff, and lying is like bluffing, it's OK because it's a game, everyone knows it's a game. What you don't realize is it's a game that's continuous for 24/7. It's constant. You don't get out of it until you're done, and I was in it for 37 days. When you're playing poker with your friends, you can leave after a couple hours and say (pointing) ha ha, I got you good that time. You can't do that in this game. I realized I couldn't do that, I couldn't put up a facade for that long. I'm a loyal person. People I had made promises to, I made alliances with, my original Zhan Hu alliance I made at the very beginning, I couldn't ever find it in myself to vote against them. That's something I'm actually proud of. It may not have been the best way to play the game, may not have been the most strategic way, but ultimately I feel that looking back now, I'm proud I played the game as straightforward and as honorable as I did." 

(cut) 

"Looking back, I think for me one of the hardest parts was not losing hope when I felt like I was facing huge odds that were against me. In the beginning, pre-merge, looking across at the other tribe and seeing a James you have to face when I'm 5 foot 2 and a half, barely tipping the scales at 100 pounds, and these were very physical challenges. It's taking a look at that and not losing hope. Post-merge, going into it, realizing I was going to be going into a merge with fewer numbers, and thinking wow, these are huge odds are against me. Again, to not lose hope and force yourself to say there is a way, there is a path, you just have to think, you have to strategize, but it's possible to do it, I think for me was some of the hardest aspects of the game." 

(cut) 

"I think my saving grace was to take something that seemed negative and turn it into a positive for me. On the one hand, I was stressful, but I say, 'Hey, if you're going to be stressful, don't focus on the bad aspect of it, take it and use it to your advantage.'" 

(cut) 

"I've learned I'm a lot tougher than I thought I was. That's for damn sure. Coming out here a lot of my friends thought I'd be a big whiner, complainer, quit. I don't think I did any of that. I think I was able to look at everything on a very positive note. Despite having some lack of faith in myself, which I kind of regret having, I still managed to persevere and keep going. I think that's the biggest lesson I've learned. PG, you're tough and determined, and if you put your mind to it, you can go a really long way, way beyond my expiration date at certain points. It meant a lot to me to have the respect of the other contestants. A lot of them are smart, tough, crafty strategists and competitors, and a lot of them told me they take their hat off to me, and 'You're one tough little girl.' That's something that I'm able to take away from this game and put into my normal life back at home." 

(cut) 

"I think people at home will notice a difference. I have a lot more confidence in myself after this. Before I came on Survivor, I may have had a little bit of lack of initiative in my normal life. Coming onto this game, there's absolutely no one else you can depend on but yourself. If you want something to happen for you, you have to go out and make it happen. I kind of realized that immediately on the first day when we're about to die out in this crazy monsoon and guess what? You can't dial out for pizza, you can't go to a hotel. You've gotta make all this yourself and if a bunch of people are sitting around arguing about it and you want someplace to sleep, you might have to be the one who says, 'Look, we're gonna do it this way.' I think I'm gonna be able to take some of that and realize if there's anything that needs doing, I'm going to have to go out and do it my damn self."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat