středa 30. července 2014

Mary, the Day After

length: 5:07

Mary realizes her natural tendency to be in control may have been her undoing, as she became too comfortable with her alliances. 

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

"The strategy was to make an alliance with at least one or two strong people that I knew I was gonna play out the game and really knew the game of Survivor, basically take those people with me to whatever the final two or final three. My whole focus was taking some strong people because I tried to downplay my strengths as much as possible. To be not somebody who's singled out as a strong player and somebody who really knew the game. I tried to downplay my knowledge as best as I could, but still, there were people on the island who were more paranoid than I was." 

(cut) 


"I think I was a little too much of a threat because I was talking to everybody, especially Mikey B. Him and I were singled out as people that were really strategizing. I think that gave an opportunity to I'm not gonna say weaker players, but players that already singled themselves and eliminated themselves out of our basic seven strong players, gave them an opportunity to say hey we don't wanna go yet, we're in this game and we want to play it to the end and we're gonna make people lose we see as threats." 


(cut) 


"I'm a salesperson, so I need to have always the upper hand and I need to know what's going on and basically be able to control a situation. By me feeling I controlled a situation, it did feel a little too easy. It did feel like OK we've got our set seven, I don't have anything to fear, but that's when fear creeps up in your mind the most is when you feel like everything's OK, everyone's on the same side. It's an alternate reality to what's actually going on." 


(cut) 


"Hour before Tribal Council I really felt like I could have been a little bit more busy with my plan. I do feel like I held back in those moments, a couple hours before Tribal Council. I could have done more of my homework, take people aside. Basically information is key in this game. Information is everything. Whoever has the most information wins the game. You can create as much, you can go out there and be the information holder, that's one of the keys to this game. I feel like I didn't really express to myself how important that was to have the key of knowledge and to know everyone's plan of attack before it actually happens. I got my throat slit on the chopping block." 


(cut) 


"It is extremely hard to live on an island with one machete and no fire. That is extreme. I can't really say I've had any experience going into Survivor where I thought it was going to be as tough as it was. You can drink as many coconuts as you want, but literally we're scrambling. Once the sun's going down, you're done. If you don't have your shelter already prepared, if you don't have a roof over your head when the torrential rains come, you're miserable. You're cold, you're miserable, you're wet. Elements play such a big factor in survival and conquering the elements, you can't do it with one machete. That's all we were left with. That's a really hard thing." 


(cut) 


"Going after your own food is something most men never experience and never will have to experience. We pay good money for that type of stuff and there's a reason for it. It's hard. Going out, I couldn't carry a clam to save my life. Those things are so huge. If it was just me on the island - I thought about that a lot - if it was just me on the island, would I survive. The answer I came across was I would probably starve the first three, four days, and then survival instincts would kick in. You have to kill anything around you and eat it, or learn how to use a machete, pick up a machete and start cracking coconuts or whatever. You can't build a shelter in two hours. It's impossible." 


(cut) 


"There's already been a huge change in me. Even just six days into it I felt a big change. I believe I have a little more power in myself to overcome obstacles in my life now because of this. I know that would have been even moreso if I had stayed in the game a little bit longer. I could really foresee what happened in this game, why I got voted off early. I really embrace it at this point. It's something you are either pissed off about or embrace it and be happy. I had this amazing experience. I'll probably never have this experience again in my life. I'm just really thankful that I was out there doing everything I possibly could and trying to play my game as best I could. I didn't hold back. I didn't hold back the way I normally would have in a social setting like this. I really tried to fit in and do everything I could to play a social game."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat