úterý 29. července 2014

Kathy the Super Fan

length: 4:44

Kathy explains the thrill of playing her favorite game and competing against the very people she's enjoyed watching since Survivor's inception.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I'm a huge fan of Survivor. I've watched Survivor since the very first episode. I wasn't going to at first but then my husband talked me into it, and I've loved it ever since. Watched every show, every episode, for 8 years since it's been on." 

(cut) 

"I've been in the Survivor pool every season. We pick the Survivors out of a hat and chunk in $5 in the pool. When our Survivor gets voted off, we're just out, and the last person wins all the money in the pot. It's kind of fun and keeps you rooting for your character, whoever you picked. It's fun, it's a great game. I read everything about it, TV Guide, things like that. I try to follow the show." 

(cut) 

"Then Jeff says, 'You're playing against previous Survivors,' and I'm like, 'What?' Here comes the gravedigger, here comes Cirie, here comes all the people. Jonny Fairplay, my God, whose decision was that? (laughs) They all come out. It's weird because these are people I've seen on TV. I don't want to say they're like movie stars, but they've been on TV! There's a certain awe about them, especially Yau-Man. When we were going across the channel, I literally had to go up to his and shake his hand. I said, "I had to shake your hand, I'm a big fan, man." It gives you a sense of weirdness because they have been on TV, they've done this already, so I'm sure they have their own fan club. It's bizarre for a normal person to play against that. Sometimes maybe the game may be played a little different because I am in awe of seeing them in a previous season and I'm in awe of them as a person. It might be a little difficult." 

(cut) 

"When I saw Yau-Man come out in that little Yau-Man hat and those little glasses, I was just jumping up and down. Yau-Man, yay! (claps) They picked you. God, I hope we merge and I'm still there and you're still there, because I would really like to get to know him." 

(cut) 

"I can't go off Jonny Fairplay's personal life off the show, but on his season, the dead grandma thing was pretty clever. Kind of mean, but clever, you have to give it to the man. You don't have to like him, but it does make him memorable. Cirie, I do remember, because she didn't even want to look under a leaf, and here she is again. I would think once she got what she did it's like, 'OK I did it, I proved I could do it, I could go outside and camp.' That she did it again, that's amazing to me. Amazing." 

(cut) 

"There's a few of them I saw coming out that I don't like. Parvati. (mocks Parvati) 'Ooh, let me give you a massage.' I don't like people who use that to...I guess I can't say that cause I've used that in my life too. Maybe it's her voice. Something about her just rubs you the wrong way. And Ami, it has nothing to do with Ami being what Ami is, Vanuatu I thought she was bossy, I thought she thought she was in control, and I don't like people who think that way. They're the first kind of people you think, 'Who do you think you are?' Apparently that's why she got the boot too. People picked up on the fact that she thought she was better than everybody else and she thought she was running the show. They put her in her place." 

(cut) 

"They don't know anything about us. They don't know what we can do or what we're about. We've seen them on TV, we've seen their strategy, we've seen how they would play the game. They might change it, but I don't think they can change who they are. At first I thought we had the advantage, until we landed on the beach with only a machete and two pots, and eighteen hours of rain out of twenty-four hours a day, with no shelter. Then I thought those guys are probably living in a luxury suite, they probably have two floors, they probably have tile, they found tile somewhere. Now I'm thinking their shelter is way better than ours. Each and every one of them has had experience in making them. The ten of us have had none." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat