úterý 29. července 2014

Jonathan's Return

length: 5:10

Jonathan describes what it's like to play the game his second time around. Find out what he thinks about competing against the Fans, players who studied his every move made on SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS. 

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I was thinking today about how I'm feeling, because I feel very different this time. I realized the analogy is having a second child. First child you have, everything's new and totally important and you worry about every bite the kid takes and every step and every fart and burp and the room is totally sterile. By the time you have your second kid it's like the kid's gonna walk, the kid's gonna eat, the kid's gonna learn to read, everything's gonna be cool. You're much more relaxed with the second kid. In some ways it's better for the second kid cause you're not up their butt all the time, not on top of them all the time. That's how I'm feeling here. It's like this is great, we're gonna build a shelter, it'll be better than the shelter I built the first time. Make alliances. It'll just be the way it's supposed to be and everything's - knock on extremely large piece of wood - gonna be okay. It's only been 24 hours, but everything's been great." 

(cut) 

"Last time I did Survivor, the past year, fifteen months, whatever it's been, I think I've learned a lot more empathy, resilience, I've learned a lot more acceptance a lot more. I've also learned it's gonna be OK if you're - I have a wonderful life back at home, a truly blessed life. It's important to me, what's in my house. I could sleep on the floor and not have all the wonderful things that I have. It would be OK. In fact I could be super-happy without those things. I'm not saying I don't want those things, but I didn't have those things it could still be happy. It's an adventure. What's important to me is the people in my life, and that's what I'm trying to make important out here." 

(cut) 

"The gameplay itself hasn't changed that much. It's a realization that less is more. That I personally have an extremely loud in some ways aggressive personality to most people. They see me as a loud, in your face person. Certainly on the first Survivor I was perceived that way, to my detriment. I could rationalize maybe that's how I got as far as I got, maybe that's why they brought me back, for that personality. I don't know. I can't play that game, I can't be somebody I'm not. Just like them I couldn't play this game. I'm in the moment. I'm in the moment of who I am. That's what I'm trying to do out here now. I'm not the fastest, I'm not the strongest, I'm not the smartest, I'm not the wickedest. I'm right in the middle of the pack. Everyone can see is I am good at a lot of different things, actually, maybe even surprisingly good at some things. If I can just be really present, low-key with them, and not chase them or make them feel like I'm running away from them, I'm getting a lot more. I think right now almost everyone feels like I'm a friend and feel that I would work with them and vote with them." 

(cut) 

"Some of these new folks, who honestly do not seem impressive to me. Just judging a book by its cover, I was not impressed by the group of people I saw out on that mat. I hope I'm proven wrong, I'm sure I'll make a couple of friends out there. When I walked out there and I had some inkling, when I didn't see other All-Stars, returning players, and there were a bunch of bopes, all, (takes another voice) 'Oh yeah, he's this and that.'" 

(cut) 

"I do have 39 days more experience and a year to learn from that experience, to cogitate about that experience, before I even knew this was ever gonna happen. I never knew I was gonna be back out here. I processed that for myself. This was a life-changing experience. I don't think for everyone who plays the game it is a life-changing experience. It's a monumental experience, a watershed experience. For me it was a life-changing experience, and I've spent the past year thinking about it every day and trying to let it affect me. That's why I am so much a different person out here." 

(cut) 

"The second chance to do a life-changing experience, you know. It's like a second kid, a second marriage, a second parent dies, God forbid. It was a profound experience, and I didn't come out here looking for more profundity in my life. I came out here saying, 'You know what, I've had that experience in my life. I'm going to have some other experience.'"

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat