úterý 29. července 2014

Jonny Fairplay, the Day After

length: 5:04

Fairplay reflects on his sudden change of heart and leaving the game early. He excitedly looks towards the future with no regrets about his reputation or how he played his very short game. 

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"For me personally, on paper this seemed easy. I talked to my girlfriend before I left. I said, 'I'm coming back with a mil.' When you're out there, all you think about is the game. It's all strategy, nothing but strategy. If somebody comes up to you like, 'Hey, what's your favorite music?' they don't care what that answer is. The next question is what the alliance is, who's next. It's game, game, game, game, game. The only other thing I could focus on was my girlfriend and how my soon to be daughter is doing. For me I couldn't separate the two so it just hit me. All I can think about is her. I'm happy that's what I was thinking about. It's a step in the right direction for Jonny Fairplay." 

(cut) 

"For me the game of Survivor is the greatest game ever. I love the fun, I love the screwing over people, I love the evil. At the same time it's really difficult to be that evil when you're carrying this heavy heart of being good. It's almost like a conflict of interest is what was going on in my head. God, I feed off that evil, it's fun for me." 

(cut) 

"There's only so much you can spread the human mind, so you have to be so focused to play the game as I do. For me, I just had 9 hours of mouth surgery a couple weeks prior. I'm in constant pain with my mouth. I'm thinking about my soon to be daughter. I'm a human being. That's it." 

(cut) 

"It felt great playing Survivor again. I've waited four and a half years for this phone call. I feel like I was a victim of bad timing. Give me one season earlier or one season later, I think the focus is there." 

(cut) 

"I am absolutely 100% happy with my decision. I left on my own terms, I felt it was the smart thing for me to do. I also feel like I kind of protected the legacy of Jonny Fairplay. If I was gonan go in and not play the game that I played, to be taken out because I was thinking of other things, that would have destroyed what I created the first time." 

(cut) 

"I'm the biggest star in the history of reality television. My reputation speaks for itself. I do what I do and I do it very well. Reputation-wise, I was the biggest star here. I looked at it as they'd rather get my autograph than send me home." 

(cut) 

"I've been told by a, I don't know if he's a psychiatrist or a psychologist, that's done a study on reality TV with an emphasis on Jonny Fairplay, I hypnotize people with the way I talk. My tone and my delivery actually hypnotizes people to a lighter degree than a full on (pretends he's waving a pocketwatch). I think that's my biggest asset." 

(cut) 

"I wasn't worried at all about my star power versus theirs and them coming after me. There was a reason I stayed 38 days the first time. It wasn't because they hated me, it was because I was the entertainment. We had a debate at the water, like what does everybody bring at challenges. Some of the girls are like, 'I'm very good at puzzles,' and some of the guys were, 'I'm good at swimming.' I was like, 'I give you ratings.'" 

(cut) 

"I think Malakal is defintiely missing me right now because I brought a sense of unity. I was told by Yau-Man when I came back, 'Now we can all live harmonious.' I disagree. I feel I had strong alliances on both sides. The way I play the game I'm able to say, 'This might not have been the best move for you, but it could be in the future.'" 

"I feel like by not winning I was given more opportunities afterwards. If I'd won, why would I need to do Celebrity Bullriding? Why would I need to do Celebrity Poker? Why would I need to do Celebrity Fear Factor? I already have a million dollars. Why would I need a million dollars? I'm happy I didn't win. 

"I really appreciated Jeff this go-round. Jeff and I have a rivalry. People say Pearl Islands was one of the best seasons ever, because you had the ultimate good guy in Rupert versus the ultimate bad guy in Jonny Fairplay. Rupert went home eight, so I felt my enemy was Jeff Probst. We continued to play the game for 38 days in my case. I enjoy the tit for tat. I have nothing but respect for the guys. Will we ever be friends? Probably not, and that's my fault. I understand that. I think Jeff showed an incredible amount of respect to me back. I love it when he calls me Jonny Fairplay. Not too many people get two names out there on Tribal Council. I think he's a class act, and with the hug at the end I felt like we had a great closure to Jonny Fairplay in the game of Survivor." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat