úterý 29. července 2014

Joel and Alexis Alliance

length: 2:50

Joel and Alexis bond over common values and work ethics, and they vow to watch each others' backs…or else. 

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

(morning of day 2; various young women and Joel are stretching on the beach as they talk about how happy they are to see light) 

KATHY: 
That was the longest night of my life. (It was.) That was longer than childbirth. I was in the hospital for 3 days, and that last night felt longer than that. 

To byla nejdelší noc v mém životě. (To byla.) Bylo to delší než narození dítěte. Byla jsem v nemocnici 3 dny, ale tahle mi připadala delší než tenkrát.

CHET
: (looks at his clothes) What I wanna know is I don't even like orange, how the hell did I get all this orange? (laughter) 

Co chci vědět je, že já nemám rád oranžovou, jak jsem sakra dostal všechnu tuhle oranžovou?

CHET 
(solo): We had a bad night last night, so it's really getting kind of tough with everybody. Everybody kind of feels dirty and disgusting and our clothes are wet. It's pretty nasty right now. We're hoping for some positives to come in, because this is sort of a miserable situation right now. 

Měli jsme včera v noci špatnou noc, takže to je pro všechny tvrdé. Všichni se cítí špinavý a nechutný a naše oblečení je mokré. Je to docela nepříjemné. Doufáme, že přijdou nějaká pozitiva, protože tohle je právě teď trochu mizerná situace.

(more stretching on the beach) 

MIKEY
: Who wants to volunteer for what job here? 

Kdo tady chce dobrovolně nějakou práci?

JOEL
: I think we need water real bad. We have to stay hydrated. 

Myslím, že potřebujeme vodu opravdu hodně. Musíme zůstat hydratovaní.

JOEL 
(solo): I've got a lot going on in life right now. I've got two brand new boys, so I want to set my family up for the future. I'm here to win the game and take the money back home to my family. (We can find the water first.) It means for me, not having to work overtime so I can spend more quality time with my family. 

Teď se v mém životě toho děje hodně. Mám dva nové chlapce, takže chci postavit rodinu pro budoucnost. Jsem zde, abych vyhrál hru a odnesl si peníze pro mou rodinu. (Můžeme nejdříve najít vodu.) To znamená, nemuset pracovat přesčasy, abych mohl strávit více času se svou rodinou.

(Alexis and Joel look at the map and go get water) 

JOEL
: Everybody coming into this game is not a genuine person. Anybody talking to us, you have to assume they're lying to you. (Alexis agrees) 

Všichni, kdo jdou do téhle hry nejsou upřímní lidi. Kdokoliv k nám mluví, musíš předpokládat, že ti lže.

ALEXIS
: I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me, because I always assume the best in everyone. 

Myslím, že tohle bude pro mě nejtěžší, protože já vždycky předpokládám ve všech to nejlepší.

JOEL 
(solo): I'm trying to align with the people I think are being the most genuine, and I think Alexis is the most genuine. She's a good person and a strong worker and I know I'm going to do everything I can to keep her around. 

Snažím se spojit s lidmi, o kterých si myslím, že jsou nejupřímnější a já si myslím, že Alexis je nejupřímnější. Je to dobrý člověk a pracant a já vím, že udělám vše, co budu moct, abych ji tady udržel.

ALEXIS
: I trust you more than I trust anyone else, but I think that's because of our similar backgrounds. 

Věřím ti víc, než komukoliv jinému, ale myslím, že to je díky našim podobným pozadím.

ALEXIS 
(solo): Joel and I have a lot in common. We have very similar moral. Him being a firefighter, and I have a brother who is a firefighter. We have the same love for family. He's definitely the one person I can trust. 

Joel a já máme hodně společného. Máme velmi podobnou morálku. On je hasič a já mám bratra, který je hasič. Máme stejnou lásku pro rodinu. On je rozhodně člověk, kterému mohu věřit.

(Joel lifts the lid to the water hole) 

ALEXIS
: I feel like we have the same morals. 

Připadá mi, že máme stejnou morálku.

JOEL
: I won't lie to you. I'm not gonna lie to you.

Nebudu ti lhát. Nebudu ti lhát.

ALEXIS
: I won't ever lie to you. 

Nebudu ti nikdy lhát.

JOEL
: Just tell ya, (something about if he is betrayed), snap ya...like a twig. 

Jen ti říkám, jestli mě podrazíš, přetrhnu tě... jako větev.

ALEXIS
: Same. Don't say that (laughs and cowers away), I would never do that. Don't say it like physically. You just totally intimidated me! 

To samé. Neříkej to, já bych to nikdy neudělala. Neříkej to jako fyzicky. Právě jsi mě úplně vystrašil!

JOEL
: Alright. 

Dobrá.

ALEXIS: 
Same. I'll snap you like a twig. 

To samé. Přetrhnu tě jako větev.

JOEL
: No you won't. 

To bys asi neudělala.

ALEXIS
: Probably not, but I can try. With vicious rhetoric. 

Nejspíš ne, ale můžu to zkusit. Pomocí zlé rétoriky.

(Joel grins) 

ALEXIS 
(solo): He might be able to actually break me. For that split second, it was a little scary (laughs). I am intimidated enough to not break that alliance. 

(shakes her head) 

On by mě skutečně zlomil. Bylo to trochu děsivé. Jsem zastrašená natolik, abych neporušila tuhle alianci.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat