sobota 12. července 2014

Jean-Robert, the Day After

length: 5:08

Watch as Jean-Robert sums up his Survivor experience the day after being ousted by his tribe. Was his time in China harder than he anticipated?

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I have to tell you, coming out and going on Survivor, you see the things on TV and you go, 'Oh that would be difficult,' and everything. I would never, ever expect for people to have to go through what we've gone through. The living conditions, the brutal living conditions we've endured are very real. Not eating for three days, not a thing for the first three days, was absolutely real. Not having anything to drink, having to sleep out in the elements with bugs and everything, it is very real and very difficult. I just remember being out there and thinking to myself, 'Man, if someone were to offer me exactly $10,000 to endure twenty-four hours of this, I don't know that I would take it.' It was brutal, it was beyond brutal out there. The first three days I remember feeling I would not want a Navy Seal in training to have to go through what we went through on those first three days. It was brutal." 

(cut) 

"I came on Survivor for one thing, and that was to win a million dollars. Going out there for twenty-four days and going home empty-handed is extremely frustrating. Yes, it's a tough situation, yes it's something I'll have for the rest of my life, I spent twenty-four day out there in one of the most trying situations of my life. Do I feel like I'm glad I did it? No, I'm not glad I went and spent twenty-four days out and going home empty-handed. I'm glad I took an investment in being one in sixteen people who could win a million dollars, because that was worthwhile. Going home empty-handed after twenty-four days is not a cool feeling and it's very frustrating. Am I glad about the overall experience? I'm going to try to make the best of the situation, but I'm not happy about it. Was it worth it because I could have gotten a million dollars? Yes, it was worth it." 

(cut) 

"My being a little bit obnoxious, and complaining, and bitching, and doing all that stuff was definitely part of my strategy. Sometimes in real life certainly I might be like that, but not exaggerated to that point." 

(cut) 

"Being that we're playing for a million bucks out here, sometimes I almost find situations laughable where it seems like strategy is taking second place to who I wanna have around me or who my friends are. I think Zhan Hu is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. They sent Chicken home, they weren't comfortable around him the first couple of days. Then they send Ashley home and she was probably their strongest girl. Then they send Dave home because he was annoying them. He was probably their biggest workhorse, admittedly he did two or three times more work than anybody else on the camp. They just completely sabotaged their own camp." 

(cut) 

"My life back home...I often joke with friends about how I live basically the life of a millionaire. Broke and living like a millionaire, that's bascially the way I live. Sometimes I have money and sometimes I'm broke, but somehow I always live the lifestyle of a millionaire. The nicest hotels in the world, traveling the world and staying in these beautiful hotels, eating steaks and lobster and crab for dinner every night. It is really cool some of the things I'm able to do. Coming here, I remember the first grains of rice we had after three days. I rememebr shuffling around and trying to get every grain and thoroughly enjoying food of any kind. I believe when I get back home I'm going to savor every bite." 

(cut) 

"Going through this kind of adversity, I would say the thing I learned most about myself is that I'm actually capable of doing a lot more than I thought I was. This was the toughest thing I've ever had to go through in my life, and I was able to get through it. I'm reasonably healthy right now. Yeah I've lost a few pounds -- lost a lot of pounds, but that was very trying, and I got through it. It's emotionally draining, physically draining, but did I come out a better person, a stronger person? I'd like to think so. I'd like to think so." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat