neděle 20. července 2014

James, the Day After

length: 5:12

Does James have any regrets leaving the game with two Hidden Immunity Idols? Find out now as James tells all about his time spent in China.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"You can never take a day off in this game. You have to be mentally alert and mentally ready at all times. That's what was my problem. The days before that, the few days before that, had completely mentally distracted me. I wasn't there. No, you can't take a day off. When you do, you get voted off, as I was. 

I actually did think about using it that night, the night I was voted off, but once again my head wasn't in the game. Too much stuff going on those last few days, I wasn't focused. It was one of those days. I didn't pull the trigger when I should have. " 


"My strategy with the immunity idols was to keep them around as long as I could to around six or five. I didn't get a chance to do that. I had clues and things, I should have used them, but I was mentally drained that day. It was one of the most taxing days of my life. I wasn't focused as I should have been to catch the clues that were given to me. Yeah, it was to keep them to six or five, then just work with them from then on." 


(cut) 


"The hardest part for me was dealing with the personalities. I'm not really a personality guy, I'm kind of...not antisocial, but not the most talkative guy of the group, definitely. Dealing with all those different personalities, having to stay around those people, it was odd, it was weird. I got used to it, but not really." 


(cut) 


"I'm sure people at home will notice the change in me, for the simple fact that I'll be more, I guess sociable maybe. I won't have the anxiety I usually have about just walking up to people and talking to them. That's gonna be surprising. I went through the woods, I starved, I had to eat rice that was moldy and had to catch my own fish and make fire with a flint. I'm sure I have changed a lot, and people will notice when I get back home." 


(cut) 


"I probably would never do that. On the weekends I'm working anyway, so it would be hard pressed for me to go do leisure activity like camping or fishing. At night I work at clubs and I bury people during the day, so I'm busy Thursday through Monday anyway. I doubt I will ever do this camping thing again." 


(cut) 


"The surviving aspect was hard. I knew it was going to be hard, because I'd seen the show before, but actually catching my first fish, the first fish I did catch, I did kind of freak out. I was like, 'OK, I know how to catch the fish, but what do you do after the fish is actually caught?' Do you kill him, do you beat him? What do you do? It was like a big ordeal. I got accustomed to it. It wasn't that bad when I got the hang of it, it was just odd at first. Odd dealing with fish after you catch them, you didn't realize you had to cook 'em, you have to kill 'em and all that stuff. Boiling water wasn't that bad. The outdoors was kind of dramatic but I got the hang of it at the end. It wa cool." 


(cut) 


"My fondest memory has to be when I caught my second fish in my life. That thing was huge. The funny thing is I completely freaked out when I caught it, and completely messed up everything when I did catch it. Then when I realized once you do catch a fish, it's still alive. You have to do something with this big animal, you can't just grab 'em cause they got spikes. I got spiked. You can't grab their mouth unless you know how to do it, cause it bit the hell out of me. I could have beat him with a stick, but I didn't have a stick. I just wrapped him up in a stick. It was funny, it made me laugh. One of those good memories, I finally caught a fish, it was a good fish. I didn't get to cook or eat the fish, but that I finally caught a man-sized fish, it was a good memory." 


(cut) 


"Everything happens for a reason. I just had a bad day. Bad days happen. You just move on from there. There's no room for what ifs, because what if I'd decided to not come over here? It's pointless to think about it, it hurts your head thinking about it. I won't be what-iffing about what if I'd played the immunity idols or not." 


(cut) 


"I kind of figured it was gonna happen. I didn't think it was gonna happen that soon because it didn't make any sense for it to happen that soon. I'm not surprised they jumped the ball and completely messed that thing up about not having the numbers and keeping things going where they're in the actual position to win. Right now it's a fair shot for anybody. They messed over themselves, which I was trying not to do. I was trying to tell them not to eat that apple, stay away from that temptation the whole time. They ate it. They're gonna enjoy and I'm gonna enjoy watching them eat that apple. Watching themselves think, 'Damn, he was right. We're out here next, when we coulda been happy frolicking, gotten rid of everybody and do what we had to do. Now it's gonna be a struggle to the end."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat