čtvrtek 10. července 2014

Jaime, the Day After

length: 5:31

Discover Jaime's toughest moments during the game as she talks about her experience the day after having her torch snuffed at Tribal Council.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"Yeah, the game definitely changed quickly. We were waiting for the merge, waiting for the merge, and we decided at Zhan Hu we weren't gonna merge. Our whole mindset changed over there, like we're not gonna merge, we were just going to keep fighting it out like a war. Next thing you know we're going to a reward challenge, and it's the merge. We never saw it coming. We're like now what. We get there and then we had our immunity challenge as soon as we got back. It wasn't the blink of an eye. We never even had a chance to talk to these people. Jeff shows up and we're like, 'What is going on?' I felt like I didn't even have a transitional period. I felt like I got there, had this challenge, and the next day was Tribal Council. There was no even time for me to get adjusted. I was really disappointed. 

"It was really hard for me because I felt like everyone was my friend. I was like we can trust these people, and we can go all the way if we get a chance to. Then you have to start questioning the basis of your friendship, if they've been lying to you the whole time you've been out there. It was hard for me because I'm not used to going after a million dollars with these people you think are your friends but then you have to realize they're not here to have a good time to have a good time and they're not here to have friendships, they're here to have a million dollars. I knew going into it, 'Hey I'm here to win a million dollars', but then I forgot about the million dollars until we merged with Fei Long. I'm not here to have a good time, I'm here to win. I think it was hard for me to deal with because I had had a good time until that point, and then it was stress, and people walking away and talking and you don't know what they're talking about and you get all freaked out. That's the first time I felt uneasy in Survivor. I felt hungry, I felt miserable, I was mad, I was sad, but I was never completely uncomfortable. When we merged, I was completely uncomfortable over there." 


(cut) 


"I personally would not want to go into the game of Survivor and worry from day one. I think I was already going crazy from not eating, if I was going to not eat and worry the whole time it would've been over for me. No way I could have made it through that. The only way I was able to make it as long as I did was by staying positive and trying to stay cheerful and keep smiling through it all. Those were the twenty-one worst days of my life, hands down. I've never not ate like that. I've never slept through rain and monsoons and just been drenched for four days straight and then wet constantly and then dry and then wet and then dry. You feel like your whole body's breaking down. You start hearing things in your head. You start having these illusions. You can't talk because your mouth is so dry. I've never felt that horrible in my life. The only thing that made me able to get through that was having these people there with me and making the best of what was going on. If I had to sit there and worry for twenty-one days straight and that nonsense, it would have been over for me. It would have been over for me by day five. I could not go into that game worrying and staying upset that whole time. If you're worried you're also strategizing so maybe it would have been a good idea to get a little worried and not be as comfortable as some of us got at Zhan Hu."


(cut) 


"You go to the bathroom and you dig a hole and you go and look for your food. The rain, I had never dealt with anything like that. Those first four days I think were the most miserable days of my life. I had never felt that worn out. I think I blacked out day one. I completely just fell into the bushes and fell over. Day one. That's a bad sign if you're already that worn down after the first day. Nobody could have expected the monsoons as they were, and no one could have expected the constant rain. We couldn't make a fire, we couldn't find food. The first four days we went without anything. It was my birthday out there. I hadn't ate. I was with enemies, they took me as a spy. It was miserable. I never could have gone into this realizing how hard it was to survive." 


(cut) 


"I'm a girly-girl. I like to dress up and I like wear makeup and have nice things. Out there I had no makeup on, hardly any clothes. I didn't brush my hair for twenty days. I didn't go to the bathroom for twenty-one days. I never thought I could live like that, it was so gross. It didn't even bother me. I came back out of this whole thing, I don't care if I have makeup on. I don't care what my hair looks like. I don't care if my clothes match and I don't care if I'm wearing underwear or not. After this experience you realize a lot of the things that were important to you before are trivial to you now. That was a really good lesson for me. I'll eat anything, I'll wear anything, I let it go, because I know it could be a lot worse." 


(cut) 


"The craziest thing is, those were the worst twenty-one days of my life, and I wouldn't even think twice about doing it again in a heartbeat. I don't even know why. I keep thinking why would you put yourself through that again. I think I learned so much about myself. I think I proved my strengths out there. I proved I was an athlete, no one saw that coming. I proved I can make it, and keep smiling through it all. I'm proud of myself for doing that and if I had the chance and the opportunity to do it again. Overall it was a great experience, even if it was pretty miserable at the same time."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat