čtvrtek 17. července 2014

Frosti, the Day After

length: 5:43

For being the youngest Survivor ever, he certainly handled himself well after being voted out of the game. Watch as Frosti discusses the way he played the game.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I know that in the past there's been some people they voted off and were like, 'Man, I'm so happy he's gone!' Then other people they're like, 'Man, that sucked that we voted him off,' and I was thinking to myself, 'I wonder which one of those people I'm gonna be.' There's nothing I can do at that point, I'm walking up, he's gonna snuff me. Was I one of the people they were sad to vote off but they knew they had to because I was a threat, or was I one of those people they were ecstatic to get rid of cause they didn't want me there and everything had been a lie. You just gotta think, were all those relationships real and they didn't really want this, or did all of them hate me? I was thinking about what they were going to be laying around and talking about that night, because it was the first time I wasn't going to be a part of that conversation." 

(cut) 

"The hardest part of this game for me was I'm working as hard as I can to build trust with people, to get people not only to like me but believe everything I'm saying, but you have to come to terms with the fact that out there no one is gonna believe everything you say 100%. Any relationship you form, as close as you get to another person, and I felt like I was really close to some people, they're never gonna trust you 100%. For me, the hardest part was knowing I could never trust them 100% either. No matter how close to them I felt. I've really become used to in my life finding bonds I could rely on, friends I could trust with anything, and out there, you cannot do that at any point. It's very tiring, it's very stressful, it builds a paranoia in everything you do because there is no safe place. There's no rest point, even when you're just hanging out trying to get some sleep on the uncomfortable bamboo bed, even when you're talking about something that has nothing to do with the game, you know that everyone is listening and analyzing and trying to figure something out. There's really no time to feel safe." 

(cut) 

"I was truly attracted to Courtney. I really liked her. She's the kind of girl that back home I would have been crazy about. It was really interesting because out here I was even closer to her than I would have been if I had met her in her restaurant in New York. I probably wouldn't have gotten the time of day from her. To be with Courtney out here with no makeup and she couldn't shave and she had to sit out in the rain and hated it, I felt really close to her. I know at least for me I really cared about her and wanted to help her. I know she screwed me over and voted for me and told me she would tell me if anything was going to happen and didn't, I just can't find it in myself to really be that mad. I can't hold that grudge against her. I was a little hurt by all that, but at the same time I knew she probably wasn't going to feel anything like that for me. She's 26, she's a model that dates other models in New York. I wasn't really ever worried about that. That wasn't my goal. It was to find somebody I could be close to and trust, because it's so important to try and find someone you think you can trust out there, at least the best of your ability, and try to hold onto some semblance of sanity. I guess I just trusted her a little bit too much and ended up out here by myself. It's alright. I guess there's a little bit of romantic in me that couldn't hold it against her." 

(cut) 

"Everybody always talks about the mind over matter thing. I was always like, I can deal with anything, I can be cool, I can be chill in any situation. I said I could do those things, and then I came out here and I really had to do them. I really had to find a way to get a positive attitude when I was tired, and starving, and sick, and had to go to a challenge. I really had to be cool when people were yelling and screaming and guys were crying about rice spilling and our lives were shattering around us. I really had to find my own inner harmony every day because there's so much strategy and struggle and scheming and backstabbing going on. I really had to do all the things I said I would do, and one of my biggest struggles in life is to finish the goals I set for myself. The journeys I start. I think it's summed up best in the Confucius quote from the puzzle we did. The journey of a thousand miles begins a single step. Coming out here was the first step on that journey. I feel like I haven't completed it yet, but I've gotten a lot farther than I thought I could. It's a great beginning for me. I don't want this to be the end for me. I want to have even more of this journey. I think this has been a really big step for me, and it's helped me on my own path in life."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat