středa 9. července 2014

Dave on His Tribe

Original length: 06:15

Dave describes what's going on with his new Zhan Hu tribe. What would he change about it? Find out now. 

Video is no longer available, but at least transcript by James Barber:

"I'm trying my best to provide suggestions that might be better than what's going on, or to provide some direction. The way things are happening aren't necessarily how I would do them, but I'm not the leader of this tribe. I don't want to be the leader of this tribe. I've already taken enough initiative as it is, and I'm a little concerned it might already be too much. At the same time, we've got a very young tribe, and there's a lot of chitty-chatty going on. I'm not gonna blow the whistle, I'm gonna keep working, I'm gonna make stuff happen, try to find a way to govern my mouth and my actions (laughs) and only let the positive and the productive come through." 

(cut) 

"I've been to China before." 

(cut) 

"And I've been looking forward to this experience, to have another facet of China, one that I would not do on my own. I would not put my time or energy forth to come here. I only have so much of it, and I've got things to do. It's just not in my curriculum to go on vacay here. I really...it was beautiful seeing the bamboo forests on the way up to the temple. I saw some unusual patterns in the mountains, wondering what it was, then I found out wow man, that's that massive giant bamboo. How cool. I've always wanted to cruise through a giant bamboo forest. Got to see one, haven't got to go through one yet, but I'm sure I might get the opportunity. Other notes: I'm pretty happy with my tribe. It isn't the ideal tribe that I would've picked if I had the choice. Half of it is and half of it will have to do. You make do with what you have. Youth and the girly chitty-chat's definitely not getting us anywhere, but like I said before, I'm not the one to blow the whistle or be the mom or pop to this whole team, so I'm just gonna roll with it." 

(cut) 

"I think the two blondes, Ashley and Jaime, and this is gonna sound crappy, but you get one girl start chatting and WHAM! it's a coffee clatch. Sherea is kind of on it. I think Jaime needs some more focus and so does Ashley. I think Peih-Gee can go both ways. At the same time, we're not nearly as productive as we could be." 

(cut) 

"And that's just something I think comes from the newness, from youth. I probably used to be that way back 15 years, still am on occasion, but we've got stuff to do. Sun's moving, it's gonna get dark." 

(cut) 

"The tribe is thoroughly unfocused. Chicken's 47, I'm 37, seems like everyone else is in their mid-early 20's. I have perhaps on my side the youthfulness of me and the goofiness of me that tends to break the ice or lighten things up. Maybe Chicken's just 20 years down the road or not able to bridge that gap, but Chicken and I get along and I get along with everyone else there. I've got a lot of tolerance and patience. I mean, look at me! (laughs hysterically as he points out that his chest and arms are covered in mud) I'm actually kind of a pig in poop right now, you know? How prudent can you get? It's not cold, haven't gotten accosted by anything, haven't cut myself or tweaked myself hard." 

(cut) 

"We've got a lot of resources if we can just put the imagination and focus together and just get it done. Although what do you expect from a bunch of people who've never done this before? Chicken and I are probably the closest people have come to doing this kind of stuff. Me doing the stuff in Africa and him being from Virginia and camping and fishing and hunting stuff. The two of us can't carry a tribe of eight. Everyone else is very inexperienced with this stuff, and what do you expect for day one? I think we're doing great. Could be worse!" (laughs hysterically again) 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat