středa 9. července 2014

Courtney Vents

Oroginal length: 05:23

Listen in as Courtney tells us how she feels about the first few days at her new camp. 

Video is no longer available, but at least transcript by James Barber:

"I know I come across as abrasive and really super-opinionated, and a female being really outspoken and being kind of like, if you're not overly chirpy-chirpy, everyone's overly suspicious and like, 'What's her problem? Why are you being so negative?' I'm not being negative, I'm just not being ridiculous like you. I'm not going to dance around with a handful of daisies while we have nothing to eat, nothing to drink, nowhere to live. This isn't like let's all go out and...the first day we were here, the majority of the really positive people in the group wanted to sit down eight different times to have a pow-pow. I was like what are you talking about, we haven't done anything. Then it was like, 'Who is good at relay races? Raise your hand!' and I was like (makes embarrassed face) You know what, guys, why don't we figure out where the water is kept here? There's a well, we have a map.You wanna look at that? No? No? We're going to talk about being positive? Alright." 

(cut) 

"It's weird though, because I actually do kind of make friends easy, but I can't deal with people being completely fake upfront. Todd, for example, the first day here, was like (mocking voice), 'Let's have a pow-wow, let's talk about strengths and weaknesses, and why did everyone want to be on Survivor.' Are we in a Girl Scout camp? What is going on now? Can't we just have these discussions as they come up? Do we have to sit down together by the fireplace with no fire in it and talk about all of it. It's so contrived and weird. It seemed like the first day was everyone's vying for their platform to be like (fake voice), 'Look at how great and positive I am, I'm so great. Let me pretend to be interested in you so I can tell you about myself.'" 

(cut) 

"No, I don't think I'm easy to get along with. (laughs) I think eventually people can just wear me down and I'll find something I like about you and make you feel comfortable. It's hard. If I think you're stupid and I don't want to talk to you, I have a hard time being, I'm not a good bubbly faker." 

(cut) 

"The thing I noticed with the teams today, seeing them all together and being with my team, I kind of thought I got the bunk team a little bit, a lot of misfits and not a lot of personality people - which I still think - but anyway, we have like such a dichotomy, we have some of the really big people and the really small people, so we have more options for different kinds of things. The other team seems homogenized, young, Southern, and just like, 'Yeah, let's go!' They only have Chicken as the older guy." 

(cut) 

"My gameplay right now is I'm still not sure about anybody in this tribe right now. Everyone seems to be too into it, and too committed, and too guarded. They're all a bunch of Survivor junkies and have spent years plotting and planning about what they're going to do when they're on Survivor. Now they're here and I'm like, 'Oh man.' I've had a couple of people be like (fake whispering) with me already, but you can't trust that. Who knows what they're trying to pull, you know what I mean? It's not been enough time, it's been two and a half days of miserableness, which has kind of bonded us together. We all literally have to huddle together like dogs at nighttime to not die. I'm shaking now, I'm cold, I weigh seven pounds." (laughs) 

(cut) 

"Anything I can deal with but the rain, the constant rain, and not having any place dry to put anything, not having anything dry to change into, not having any towels to dry off on, any place to get warm. It's horrible. (laughs) I'm small. I shake. On top of it we have not really drinking water yet, not really food yet. I can starve and lay out in the sun and be like, 'I don't care.' Today, as hot as it got, fine. But the constant monsooning rain every day is demoralizing and miserable. All our feet are turning into dead people feet, cadavers. We all have trench foot. We have no floor. We live in a mud puddle. Everything is squished, we sink four feet below the ground. Everywhere we go. In our camp, by the lake, over here, everywhere we go it's just mud. You can't walk in your bare feet. You can't put on your tennis shoes. They have not been dry since the first day we got here. My socks were white I believe at one point, now they're just black. It's just a horrible, horrible way to live." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat