pondělí 4. srpna 2014

Jonathan, the Day After

length: 5:05

His first time around, he found himself leaving the game labeled a 'villain'; this time he left respectfully, without feelings of animosity towards him. 

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

"Leaving the game for medical reasons means I was able to leave the game with my head held high. No animosity towards anyone or I think towards me, so in that sense it was a much better way to leave. I have no regrets about the way I played, about what happened in the game." 

(cut) 


"Leaving the Cook Islands the way I did, getting voted out, I got votes damn near every Tribal. Finally voted off with a tremendous amount of animosity held towards me, and spent the better part of a year thinking about that, was it the best way to play. I had a chance to come back and play a different way. I really did learn from that experience and tried to apply it this time. Then I got hit with some bad luck. Nothing I did personally, nothing anyone did to me, so I have no regrets about coming back here or the way I played the game." 


"The gameplay itself, the manipulating and scheming and plotting and conniving and all of that Survivor stuff, I really enjoyed. I played as hard and fast as I could and did not really take into account the other players quite honestly, and their feelings, and how I was affecting them. I asked them constantly to see it as a game, to not take it personally, that nothing I was doing was personal, even if at times I didn't like them or liked them less than some other players, I was there to play the game and have that experience. Naively, arrogantly, I didn't understand why they were not having that same experience, could not see the experience through my eyes, why they were not here to do the same thing. That was my own lack of empathy, really. I learned that, saw that, embraced that, and really came here this time feeling more empathetic, feeling more zen, really playing less to play and experience than to win. I saw this as a much more social game, a much longer game. I really played hard and fast and realized there was no way I was going to win the game." 


(cut) 


"The first time I went in and played hard and fast and wanted to stay ahead of the game. That's not the way you can win. You can't sprint for 39 days, you just can't. I played an end game in the middle and the midgame in the begging and it caught up with me at Cooks. Here I tried to make a big move early in the game, tried to hold on, and it blew up in my face. I got into a big shouting match with Cirie quite early in the game. Actually I think it was early enough in the game that it didn't hurt me. It might have helped me if I'd stayed in the game, put me in a good position. a better position than Cirie. We'll have to see how that plays out. It was just different. I was determined to play a different game this time. I know the way I played the first time was what I intended to do, had a great time doing it, hurt some people, hurt my reputation in some ways, somehow walked out of the game with the reputation as the bad guy of that season, the villain of that season, for some people, certainly the antagonist, which I never intended. In hindsight I could see of course how that happened and why people felt that way. I didn't go in and say I'm not going to be an antagonist, I'm not going to antagonize anybody, I just went in intending to play a very different game, so I would make at least the final five. I think I would have done that. I had a lot of daylight ahead of me before I was blown out of the game." 


(cut) 


"When the doctor pulled me out of the game I was upset of course, more disappointed than anything. I think she made the right call. Within hours when I got to the hospital and found out just how serious my condition was and how potentially serious it could have become, my bad luck really turned into good luck. I said my God how lucky am I that the injury wasn't worse, the infection didn't spread faster, that the stick did nto get into my joint, the infection did not get into my joint. I should have a 100% recovery eventually. The fact is it could have been much much worse. Bad luck is good luck if you turn it on its head."

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat