neděle 3. srpna 2014

Joel's Final Words

length: 4:46

Stunned. Insulted. Frustrated. Confused. Karma comes around and bites Joel. He tries to make sense of it all.

Video:



Transcript by James Barber:

"I'm just completely confused with that vote. If I was a threat I guess would be the only possible way I could understand or handle that vote. If I was considered a threat. If the Malakal tribe didn't see something in me that they were hoping to see, I would have liked to have known what that is they were trying to see. When I was part of Airai I really worked hard to increase the integrity of the tribe so we could have some unity and fight to win, but being part of Malakal and being told that the main objective was to be strong and to win, to not go to Tribal Council, and then they vote out me, is very, very confusing. I don't understand why you would somebody like Chet, I don't understand why would you want to keep somebody like Tracy, somebody like Cirie, who in my opinion would be your three weakest individuals on that team. But you know good luck to 'em I guess, whatever the plan is, whatever the scheme is, however they're looking at working it out. I hope I'm viewed as having played this game with a little bit of honor, a little bit of integrity, and a whole lot of work ethic." 

(cut) 

"Yeah, they told me every day since I've been part of Malakal they've told me they wanted to be a strong tribe and they wanted to win. I did my best. You tie a 120-pound, 140-pound weight to me and tell me to strat jumping through hoops, it's probably going to be a little complicated." 

(cut) 

"Yeah, I'm angry. I'd probably like to wring a couple people's necks right now, but maybe that's why they voted me out, cause I'm a little more aggressive than they were hoping to have on their tribe. I'm stunned. I'm stunned. Maybe it was my turn. We caught Mary totally by surprise, we caught Mikey totally by surprise; maybe this was poetic justice in some form. I don't know." 

(cut) 

"I don't know what the reasoning behind it is. I don't know if I could see -- it doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe I view myself in a much brighter light than I'm viewed by others. If you want a strong tribe I would think you'd want a strong person on that tribe, a strong-willed person, a person with some work ethic, a person who's not gonna sleep all day inside the shelter like Chet does. A person who's not gonna make excuses all day about why they can't do something like Tracy does. There were so many other options for them to go with. I was hoping to make it a lot further in this game. You never know if you're gonna make it to the end or not..." 

(cut) 

"To be sent home now is extremely frustrating. I'm a reserved guy. I snap only when people are personally confronting me, so this scenario, this is how I deal with this. Just confused." 

(cut) 

"The tribe picked Chet over me; a little bit humiliating, insulting. Makes me (exhales) makes me wonder what image I'm portraying to them that they would do that. The only thing I could hope was it was some form of strategy to eliminate the strongest person I got from Airai. That would be the only thing that would help me understand. Like I said I'm blown away. I'm confused. (shifts his feet) Maybe I'm more than, maybe I'm less than I think I am. Maybe I'm less of an athlete, less of a competitor than I think I am. Maybe that's what they saw. Confused. Totally, totally confused." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat