středa 9. července 2014

Leslie, the Day After

length: 5:17

After sleeping off the anger of being voted out, Leslie finds clarity and strength in her faith. Find out how she feels the day after being eliminated. 

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"My job is giving honest, candid advice, and I think being on Survivor was really hard for me because I am honest. I think people, it's funny, in real life they respect that. They love that about me. In Survivor I think they were afraid I would be too honest and give away secrets. I came into the game knowing I did want to do it with the most of integrity and as best as I could, knowing I was playing a game that did require bluffing and protecting what is dear. I had every intention of being true to the people that I was being told I would be true to. I guess I really didn't think that they wouldn't be true to me." 

(cut) 

"Coming into Survivor, I knew in order to have a strong team, my muscles weren't going to cut it. I knew a strong will, a strong spirit in a tribe would get us far. Unfortunately they didn't agree with me and that's why I was cut out short. They believe they could win better with muscle. The truth is if you have somebody with big muscles but doesn't really have a supportive or exciting spirit or adds to that dimension of the tribe, you're really cutting yourself. It's like pouring alcohol into a wound. It's painful to have that person around. You can kind of see that in the game of Survivor. You can carry somebody because they're strong, but if they're not easy to be around...Unfortunately my tribe, now that they voted me off, I think they're going to suffer because of that." 


(cut) 


"I think I did bring a lot of nurturing. I truly care about those people. I know they know that about me. I don't think the vote was easy for them. I could tell when I hugged them all goodbye. I have no hard feelings. I think I was the heart of the tribe, and when you pull that out, you're going to see some fragmenting. I don't want that to happen to them, but I do think they cut the heart out when they voted me out." 


(cut) 


"I'd be lying if I said there wasn't a part of me that didn't want them to fall completely apart. That's the human part of me that's kind of jaded by the vote. Then the mother part of me really wants me to get it together. I want them to start having some fun. Our tribe was just work work work work work. If you sat down, everybody called you out. It was ridiculous. We didn't have any fun. Initially it was the right idea but then it just started to get cutthroat." 

(cut) 


"It's like this little microcosm of culture, only times infinity. You've got all these personalities and everybody's vying for a million bucks. You don't see that in everyday life. It brings out, I said it a million times, it brings out the icky in all of us. I think there was a part of me that wanted to see what my icky was like. Does that make any sense? (laughs) I didn't like my icky, but now I know what I need to work on, so..." 


(cut) 


"You know that saying, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder' and how you really do start to appreciate the people that are in your life and you mess up and it's OK, where in Survivor you mess up and they wanna vote you off. It's so weird, I turned into this person who was trying to please everybody. In real life I try to be me and the people who don't like me, just don't be around me. In Survivor, it's so different, because you have to become this person they want you to be, otherwise they'll vote you off. Obviously I didn't do a very good job (laughs), I didn't last like I wanted to, but it's tough." 


(cut) 


"You absolutely can overstrategize and think too much in Survivor, and I think when that happens, 90% of the time you're at camp. You don't really see when you're watching an episode that's three whole days of sun up to sun down. You literally wake up with the sun and go to bed when it gets dark. That day seems like a week in real life. It's the longest day. You think, 'Was that today or last week?' and it was that morning. You have so much time to think and so much time to analyze and overanalyze. I'm an overthinking anyway, so it was excruciating." 


(cut) 


"Survivor is a hard game. It's a game that changes you. I cannot imagine going through this experience and not having been changed at some level, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, definitely physically. It changes every aspect of you, and it's definitely for the better. It's weird because the reason I wanted to try out for Survivor in the first place was season three. It was Africa and it was miserable, they weren't eating or drinking, they were miserable. Jeff asked them if they would do it again and they all said in a heartbeat. I knew I had to be a part of that. I can tell you as miserable as I was for nine days, as hard as that was, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would." 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat