neděle 20. července 2014

Erik, the Day After

length: 5:16

What did Erik the musician learn from his experience in the game? Find out now.

Video:


Transcript by James Barber:

"I think if I had to do it all over again, I would be a little more aggressive and not worry about the consequences of forming alliances prematurely. I think a lot of people are very aggressive in their strategy and while it could have been a bad choice for them, if it worked out for them, they could always go back and say, 'I did that because of this.' You can always go back and justify it however you want later. I wasn't thinking that way, I was thinking way too cautiously. Like if you make one bad move, you're done for, instead of you can make a bad move and if you can squeak by, however you justify it however you want after the fact." 

(cut) 

"Maybe I was too much of the nice guy. Maybe that was my downfall in the end. At the same time I feel like being the nice guy got to me a certain point as well. It's a toss-up." 

(cut) 

"I came into this game being a musician, I'm always traveling, I'm always meeting people. The people in the music industry, a lot of which are salesmen, they're always trying to convince you they're big time, or you should only get paid this much or any number of things to try and take advantage or exploit. That's quite similar to strategy in Survivor. You trying to convince someone of their position, trying to convince them of your position and your knowledge and connections and everything else." 

(cut) 

"The difficulty of never being away to trust anybody, a real relationship in real life, the ones that are truly rich and meaningful, which I have very few of in my life that are like that. My family and my friends, they're the ones that I trust and I can actually come to and say this is what's going on with me, I'm entrusting you with this, and they offer me true feedback. Whereas in this game, people will give you a little bit of truth - everybody wants you to think they're giving you the truth - but it's never, there's always a spin on it. There's always a reason they're telling you a certain answer. That makes it harder to actually have a deep relationship. If all you're looking for is a superficial relationship, being on Survivor is not all that different than the real world, in my opinion." 

(cut) 

"Being on Survivor is the hardest thing I've ever done. I was exhausted almost the entire time I was in this game. Mentally, phsyically, emotionaly, never being able to turn my mind off. I'm surprised I got any sleep. Plus, sleeping on bamboo. Flies, mosquitoes, worrying about stepping on snakes. There's never a time where your mind kind of chills. It's impossible. I'm also a person back home who appreciates alone time, time to debrief, decompress, let my mind sift through everything that's going on. Not a chance out here in this game. You're with all these people and you know you're trying to win a million dollars. Even if your mind does kind of wander, you're like, 'No, no, no, gotta reign it back in, gotta get focused.'" 

(cut) 

"It was really hard, but it was so much fun. In hindsight I wouldn't trade any of it. Honestly, I like bragging about the hard and crappy parts because I never would have experienced that otherwise. I would not have put my body through that, willingly, unless I had a great excuse like Survivor." 

(cut) 

"That is pretty cool to me. I'm not a risktaker in real life, I'm cautious in everything. Relationships. I don't go skydiving or do extreme things. I'm not like a crazy...I don't do anything in extreme. This was pretty extreme for me. It's good to know I can do it. I can survive. My body is stronger than I thought it was. My mind is stronger than I thought it was. I hope that I actually, maybe that will expand my mind towards really wanting to branch out to other things in life. All in all it's indescribable. It's been a great experience. While I was out there I was thinking, 'I'll never do this again,' and now I'm already thinking, 'I've love to do this again.'"

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat